PART 14 - THE FINAL HURDLE

Hola Everyone,

Surprised!!!! 😃😃😃😃Yes, its an early update. The reason for which I have stated at the end of the update.

Thank you for encouraging me with your Votes & comments, really means a lot 🙂🙂🙂Without further adieu here's the next part.

***************************

Sonakshi was still sobbing as Dev held her tighter in his arms, he knew that she needed to let go of all her pain, emotions & feelings which she had buried deep in her heart all these years. He could understand how difficult it would have been for her to manage everything on her own. He had seen his mother's struggles to raise four young kids and could very well comprehend the struggle Sonakshi had gone through as well, but he was proud, proud of the fact that she had defied the odds and emerged stronger. But he also knew in her endeavor to become strong and independent she had lost her original self. And he was determined, determined to get his old Sonakshi back, the chirpy, headstrong yet at the same time kind & compassionate girl who could spread a smile among the people around her as well as stand for them if needed at the same time, he was determined to get her back.

It took a few minutes for Sonakshi to compose herself as she stayed in Dev's embrace, how she had missed this for the past One month, in fact for the past Seven years and today in his hold she felt a sense of peace and tranquility descend in her finally after so many years. She came out of Dev's hold and kept her head on his shoulders as both sat in silence just savoring each other's presence.

"Tum kuch kaho gey nahi Dev?" said Sonakshi after some time breaking the silence

"Nahi Sonakshi, Aaj sirf tum kahogi aur main sununga" he replied as Sonakshi looked at him, he could understand her confusion and hesitancy, he continued "Tumahrey mann main jo bhi hai, acchi ya buri aaj bol do Sonakshi, tumhara gum, tumhara dard sab, main sab sun na chahta hoon aaj. LET ME TAKE AWAY YOUR PAIN SONAKSHI" he finished while Sonakshi just wound her arms around his waist as fresh tears made way from her eyes, all her pain, all her sufferings of these many years because of his absence were coming out in the form of tears and he was more than happy that she was letting it go as he held her close.

"Aaj jitna rona hai ro lo Sonakshi, Pata hai log galat kehtey ki Crying is a sign of weakness in fact it's the exact opposite, only a strong person who accepts his/her emotions readily can cry aur meri Sonakshi toh kitni strong hai. Isiliye aaj jee bhar ke ro lo, let go of the past Sonakshi. LET IT GO FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL FUTURE" said Dev as Sonakshi held on to him tighter, his words just warmed her heart and prompted her to let go of all her hidden emotions today.

"Tumhey pata hai Dev, Jab mujhey pata chala ki main pregnant hoon mujhey kitni khushi hui thi. Aisey laga ki main tabhi tumharey paas aa jaun lekin phir...." Sonakshi said and paused as Dev waited for her to speak, she continued "Lekin phir mujhey tumhari wo kadvi baatein yaad aayi jo tumney kahi thi aur meri himmat toot gayi lekin mujhey apney aap ko strong banana tha, humarey baby ke liye" she paused again as her voice choked remembering the time of her pregnancy while Dev squeezed her a little in his embrace letting the moment pass "Aur jis din Soha hui mujhey sabsey pehle tumhari yaad aayi, tum hamesha beti chahtey they aur jab wo hui toh tum hi nahi they mere saath iss khushi ko share karney ke liye" she said as tears flowed unabashed from her eyes while Dev's eyes were brimming with tears as well, how he wished to be a part of her pregnancy, their daughter's birth but destiny played a cruel game with them.

"Uss key baad main ne decide kar liya ki main humari beti ko leke tumharey paas aaungi iss umeed se ki hum humarey rishtey ko phir se naye sirey se shuru kar sakey, lekin main jab aayi mujh sey kaha gaya ki tum mujh sey milna nahi chahtey aur meri wo umeed bhi toot gayi" she said as both were now holding onto each other, reliving the past was getting painful for them but they knew it was pain they had to endure for their better future.