Chapter Thirteen - The Luckiest Girl

"The rest of the world was black and white
But we were in screaming color"
~ Taylor Swift (Out of the Woods)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up already!" I hear someone say as they shake me. "No it's too early. Go away" I groan, trying to roll away from the source of the shaking. The shaking stops and for a second until I feel a weight on top on me. I open my eyes to see Addy sitting on top of me. "Really Addy? You're tiny so this is not doing much" I tell her with a laugh. She simply shurgs before getting up, "It was worth a shot" she responds. I sit up and grab my phone off of the bedside table to check the time. "Why are you waking me up so early?" I ask her. It's about two hours before we need to leave for the studio. "Well Riley said that you had something to tell us yesterday but we were all so tired last night and it never happened, so instead we are going out for breakfast. I even managed to get Jace up before you, he's in the shower at the moment and Eli is in his room but we already texted him" Addy tells me. "Alright I'm getting up" I tell her, getting out of bed and changing into my outfit.

Jace comes out of the shower just as I'm finishing off my make up

Jace comes out of the shower just as I'm finishing off my make up. "You were up early today?" I tease. "What can I say, Addy is persistant" he says before coming over to me and shaking his hair so that it sprays me. I just laugh and push him away which soon turns into us play wrestling. "You guys are ridiculous" Addy says with a laugh as she goes to answer my door, which Jace and I didn't notice since we were too focused on wrestling. Addy opens the door for Eli, who laughs as he sees Jace and I, "I thought you guys grew out of this" he says shaking his head. Jace and I stop wrestling and look to each other before we bolt towards Eli and tackle him. "Alright enough with the wrestling, Riley is here let's go" Addy says pulling us off of Eli.

We follow Addy to hotel lobby where Riley is waiting and all walk outside together. "So where are we going?" Jace asks. "I thought we'd just go to Denny's, Michael was telling me that's where the guys used to go a lot" Addy explains as we begin walking. Once we reach Denny's we order our food and sit in one of the booths with Jace and I sitting opposite Riley and Addy, whilst Eli sits on a chair at the head of the table. I hear my phone's message tone go off so I check it under the table.

From: Drew

Good Morning Beautiful! We aren't at the abc studio today but I'll see you tomorrow. Not sure if I can wait until then, I miss you already x ~ D

I instantly smile and quickly text him back before I feel someone lightly kick me under the table. I look up to find both Addy and Riley looking at me, "So what is this news you have for us?" Riley asks. I look to Jace and Eli who both nod in encouragement and take a deep breath, "So after the last show I might have sort of kissed Drew" I say quietly. "YES! I called it! I knew it!" Addy screams waving her hands in the air. I blush and grab her hands to calm her down, "Hey calm down, you can't tell anyone about it. We can't let the other contestants or the producers find out, it could mess up my chances of making the band". Addy pretends to zip her lips and throw away the key. "I'm happy for you Sammy" Riley says giving my hand a squeeze in support. "Me too. Now I need all of the details" Addy says excitingly. "Maybe not in front of your uncle though" Eli adds causing us to laugh. "You're probably right, we'll have girl talk later" Addy says. I just laugh, looking at my amazing family and friends.