Chapter Eight - A Night at the Movies

"All I want is
All I need is
To find somebody
I'll find somebody"

~ Kodaline (All I Want)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting in the make up chairs waiting to get everything done up for the show today when I got a text from Jace asking where I am. I text him back that I'm in the make up room and after a few minutes he walks in. "Hey brother" I greet him as he comes into the room. "Hey, so someone is here to see you" he tells me with a mischievous smile. I instantly light up and run to the door into open arms. "Eli, I've missed you so much" I tell my uncle as I hug him tightly. " I've missed you too kid" he tells me. After a minute I eventually let go, "When did you get here, I could of come and picked you up from the airport". "I got here a couple of hours ago but Jace and I wanted to surprise you" he tells me.

One of the make up artists comes back into the room to do my hair and make up for the show. Whilst I'm being made up Jace and Eli hang around so we can catch up. "All done, time to head to wardrobe" Evie, the make up artist tells me. "Thanks Evie" I tell her before heading out the door with Jace and Eli. We walk towards wardrobe, which is near the greenroom. As we walk past I spot Drew and Chance who are already dressed for the show. I grab Eli's arm and drag him over. "Drew, Chance" I call to grab their attention. They turn around and eventually spot me and starting walking towards us. "Hey guys I want to introduce you to my uncle Elijah. Eli this is Drew and Chance" I say. They all shake hands and begin to chat so I leave them together as I head to wardrobe.

After getting dressed I look in the mirror to check my final look. For the opening number today we are doing a James Bond medley so the guys are all dressed in back suits while the girls are wearing red dresses in different styles.

Sam's Outfit

After getting dressed I walk back into the green room to find Elijah still talking to Chance and Drew so I walk towards them

After getting dressed I walk back into the green room to find Elijah still talking to Chance and Drew so I walk towards them. When they spot me they all fall silent and Drew's jaw even drops a little. I quickly become concerned and look down at my dress to make sure that I haven't split anything on it, but it's all clear. I look back up to see Chance smiling, "Sammy you look beautiful" he tells me before nudging Drew. He breaks out of whatever trance he was in and nods in agreement, "You look stunning!" he adds. I immediately blush in response and shift my gaze over to Eli. "I can't believe how fast you have grown up. I'm so proud of the beautiful young woman you have become and I know for a fact that your parents would be too" he tells, starting to get emotional. I hug him tightly, "You better not make me cry, the girls just spent forever doing all of this" I tell him whilst trying to hold back the tears. "You're right, enough tears. Anyway Jace and I should probably go find our seats in the audience since the show is starting soon. Good luck Sammy" he tells letting me go from the hug and motioning Jace over. "Wow it just got ten times harder to keep the guys away from you" Jace says referring to my outfit. I roll my eyes and shove him, he laughs before giving me a good luck hug and heading off with Eli.