Chapter Eleven - Born To Run

Sometimes the underdogs rise
and the mighty fall
~ MKTO (American Dream)
——————————————————————————————————————————————

"Sam let's go he's nearly there" Jace yells out to me as I finish brushing my hair in the bathroom. "Okay okay I'm coming" I yell back as I rush out and throw my backpack on. We were heading to the airport to pick up my uncle Elijah before I have to go to the studio for the final soundcheck before the show tonight. Jace managed to borrow Chance's car to drive us to the airport. "I call music on the way there" I tell him as I jump into the car.

When we arrive at the airport we park and head off to the baggage area. I hold the sign we made as a joke that says 'Welcome home from prison Eli', waiting to see how horrified he is in response. Eli's face drops when he sees us before laughing and walking towards the exit. Jace and I laugh and go chase him outside. "I can't take you guys anywhere" he exclaims. "You know you love me" I tell him as I give him a big hug. "Thanks for coming out here" I tell him as we put his bags in the car. I jump into the back since I am the youngest and the smallest whilst the boys get into the front seats.

I feel my phone vibrate and look to find two missed texts.

From: Addy
Dude where are you? I planned to wake you up and film it but you where already gone!

I laugh and reply to her letting her know that I'm just at the airport and that I'll be back soon. I open the next text and smile instantly.

From: Drew
Good morning beautiful. Can we meet up before the live show today? I know that Eli is coming but I just need you for like 10 minutes. ~ D

Why does Drew want to meet up? Don't get me wrong I love hanging out with him but we are going to see each other at the studio. I shrug and send him a reply.

From: Sam
Sure, bring me some coffee though 😉  ~ S

I get a reply almost immediately.

From: Drew
You have a caffeine addiction x ~D

It's true but at this point it's too late to change it so might as well embrace the coffee addiction. "What has you smiling back there?" Eli asks. Before I can even respond Jace cuts in, "I bet you $20 it's Drew" he says. "Actually it was Addy and Drew so technically you are wrong" I tell him. Jace pouts but hands me $20, since we were little making bets was one of our things that we always carry through with. We arrive back at the hotel and park in the guest parking, "Chance is going to come pick up the car tonight after the live show since he is driving to be with his family tonight" Jace tells me as we walk towards the entrance. I nod in response but I'm quickly distracted by Drew waiting in the lobby talking to Casey and Lucy with two coffees on the table in front of him.

As we walk into the lobby he notices us and immediately greets Eli, "Hey man, how was the trip?" he asks. "It was pretty good, although I am a bit annoyed that I have to share Sam's time with you" he says seriously. Drew begins to get nervous and scratches the back of his neck searching for what to say. Jace, Eli and I all look to each other with serious expressions before bursting out into laughter. "We are just messing with you" Jace tells him. "Go and have fun kids, I'll catch you at the studio Sammy" Eli tells me giving me a quick hug before pushing me towards Drew.

"Recovered yet?" I ask Drew, who is still blushing from earlier. "You guys suck" he tells me before giving me one of the coffee cups. "Shall we go for walk?" Drew asks in a posh voice whilst offering me his arm. "We shall" I respond linking my arm through his. We walk towards the park we always go to, randomly talking about music and the show.