Chapter Sixteen - I'll Find You

" But when you got nobody to turn to
Just hold on, and I'll find you"
~ Lecrae (I'll Find You)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up sleepy head, we're here" I hear someone say softly in my ear. I open my eyes to find that I fell asleep on Brendan's shoulder on the way to the studio. I was up all night texting Drew yesterday, even though Jace and I spent the whole day at the IRL house for our day off. Everyone else was with their families but since Eli couldn't make it for the last performance we decided to hang with the guys.

"Thanks Bren" I tell him as I grab my bag and follow him off the van.

Sam's Outfit

"How are you feeling after last week?" I ask him as we walk towards the studio

"How are you feeling after last week?" I ask him as we walk towards the studio. "Mixed feelings to be honest. I was a bit shocked but at the same time after watching my performance I could tell that I wasn't as strong as the other guys" Brendan says. I put my arm through his, "You are so talented Bren, that's why America saved you. I just know that you'll smash it this week" I say encouragingly. He smiles down at me, "What would I do without you?" he says. "Well your life would definitely be boring" I tell him before speeding up to walk with Addy as well, pulling Brendan along.

"Well look who decided to wake up and join the rest of us" Addy says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and give her a playful shove, "Hey I wasn't the only one sleeping, or was I?". "Welllll...." she says trailing off. "She's just kidding, she was asleep as well" Brendan says. Addy fakes shock, "Traitor" she tells Bren before taking off to chase him. "Kids, what can you do with them?".

After dumping our stuff in the greenroom we head to the rehearsal room to meet with Tim and Adam to find out our groups for the week. "As you guys know this week you will be performing with a member of In Real Life. Use this week to really learn from these guys, they have been through the same experience as you have and they won the show" Adam tells us. I'm so excited to work with the guys this week, I already know them quite well on a personal level but we haven't worked together much musically.

"You will find out which member you are working with later today with your song choices but for now it's time to partner you up" Tim announces, with us cheering in response. I look around at the other contestants standing around me. It's crazy to think that we started with 40 of us at auditions and now we are down to only 10. I honestly love each of these guys so much, and everyone is so talented that any of us could make the band at this point.

"Okay so the first pair will be Addilyn and .... Emily" Tim announces first. The girls squeal and hug each other, obviously excited to be in the same group again. "Our next pair will be Finn and ... Casey" Adam says. The guys do their bro hug thing and stand next to each other. "Next up we have Lucy and ... Riley" Tim says, with Riley spinning Lucy around in a circle as they move together. "Sam will be partnered with ... Brendan" Adam announces. I turn to my side and give Brendan a hug. "This is going to be so fun" I tell him. "That means that the final pair is Lisa and Zack" Tim finishes.