Chapter Ten.

Your POV

I laid on my bed the next morning staring at my phone. I never got a reply from Nathanael and that kind of stings, but I shouldn't care. All he did was use me. I guess it doesn't matter though, I like Adrien now, don't I? I mean, he's cute, but...I guess I shouldn't dwell on it. My phone buzzed as a notification popped up on my screen. Adrien texted.

I hesitated before pressing on the notification. I waited patiently as I was brought to my messages.

Adrien: Hey! Class is about to start, but I just wanted to ask you about our date.

I stared at his message for a moment, wondering if I really want to go out with him or not. Well, I mean, he is super nice, why wouldn't I? He's hot, too, but that's just a bonus. I quickly responded, informing him that we will have our date an hour after he gets out of school. He responded, saying that it was fine.

I put my phone back in my pocket, got up, and threw on a shirt before slinging my bag over my shoulder and walked downstairs. My mom walked over to me. "(M/n) maybe you should skip your classes today. You've been locked in your room since you got back from your date, are you okay?" I looked away, "I'm fine, mom. I'm going."

She grabbed my arm. "Honey I really don't think-" I yanked my arm away, "I said I was fine!" My father rushed in the room, "Did you just yell at your mother??" I took a deep breath. " I'm sorry, mom, but I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

I walked out of the house, got in my truck, turned on the radio and cranked the volume before driving to class, listening to my favorite band.

When I arrived, I instantly spotted Hugo, standing on the steps of the College. I grinned, starting to walk up to him. His cheeks flared up, burning bright red as he froze. Quickly, Hugo turned around and ran inside. I laughed, ignoring the questioning looks I got from the fellow students.

Pushing past the doors, I walked through the halls and to the class, taking a seat right next to Hugo. He's fun to mess with. I caught him glancing over at me occasionally, blushing whenever I caught him. Who knew that simply showing a little interest would make him this shy? He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off when the professor walked in and started talking. I sat there, taking notes with a cocky smile on my face as he squirmed in his seat.

After both of my classes, I got in my car and drove to the park I went to when we first moved here. I parked the trucked, got out, and walked through, admiring how nice everything was kept. I was starting to get into a better mood, almost forgetting the drama that's been going on in my life. Key word, almost.

I turned, looking at the bench where Nathanael had sat when I first met him. I walked over to it, slowly frowning, regretting talking to him that day. I sighed and sat down, putting my face in my hands.

Adrien: Hey~ I just got out of school! Should we just hang out now? I don't think I can wait another two hours~

I sighed, putting my phone back in my pocket after reading the message. I rested my elbows on my knees and put my face in my hands, attempting to make sense of whatever is going on. I still can't believe that Nathanael would do something like this. But, I mean why would Adrien lie? He wouldn't. Then again, why do I still feel like Nathanael is lying..?

"Excuse me?" A softer, female voice had said. I looked up, seeing a younger girl with...blue hair. Well, never mind, I don't care. She stay down next to me, looking at me worried. "Is something wrong?" She asked. I laughed a little, "It's nothing, just boy troubles" She seemed surprised for a moment before getting comfortable in her seat. "Wanna talk about it?"

I smiled thankfully and started to rant about everything that's been going on. She sat there, a bit shocked as she listened to what I had to say. "...and then! After I had dropped the guy off, he had the nerve to kiss me and he asked me to come inside!" She raised her eyebrow, "Did you?" "God, no!"

"Well, what're you gonna do now?" She asked. "I don't know. I have a date with the other guy but I'm not sure if I can go through with it. I still like the one who..." I trailed off, biting my lip. She put a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed, "I don't know anymore. I don't know what I should do." She looked away for a moment. "Do you know for a fact that he's only using you? I mean, from what you've told me, he doesn't seem like the type to do something like that." I nodded, "I know but I don't have any evidence against it..Nathanael seemed like such a nice boy, too.."

She paused for a second, "Did you say Nathanael? As in Nathanael Kurtzberg?" nodded. "You know him??" She sat up excitedly. "Yeah! He goes to my school! He's such a sweet heart! He would never do something like that! Who's the other guy??" I looked at her in shock, "A-adrien Agreste.."

She stiffened, "What? Oh wow. Um...-" I stood up quickly. "He lied to me. That fucker lied to me! I have to go, but it was nice meeting you....?" "Marinette" I smiled, "I'm (M/n). Well..bye! Thank you for your help!" I turned away and dashed to my truck, texting Adrien about where to meet me for our date.

I turned the car on and gripped the steering wheel as I drove off. "How dare he..."

Marinette's POV

Oh thank god he didn't get akumatized. Although, maybe I made it worse..? No, I'm sure they'll figure it out on their own.

Adrien's POV

He's mine~ he's all mine~ I'm going on a date with him~ Nathanael seemed so upset today...well. That's what he gets~

Nathanael's POV

Adrien lied to (M/n)...just to date him! What the heck! My phone beeped.

Adrian: Heyyyy. I just wanted to tell you that I'm going on a date with (M/n) now~ ;P We're going to his families cafe~ Just in case you wanted to get a good look at him one last time.

I frowned. Why is he such a jerk? I thought he was nice...Oh, lightbulb. I looked at his messages, beginning to grin. His families cafe, huh? Thanks for the information, Adrien~

-------------

It's rushed and shitty cause I have no motivation to write right now. But, people have been asking for an update and it's a little frustrating to feel rushed. So, ya know. Here. I'm not in a good mood. Fuck everything.