Chapter Eighteen

Everyone turned their heads, staring at "the new one". Her work uniform was simple, yet still managed to look spectacular. White shirt covered small waist and black pencil skirt showed off her well-built legs. Her black heels clicked as she strolled down the hallway. It seemed like everyone heard about her even before she appeared with an identification card.

Jung Seola.

An angel name for an angel face.

Not many spoke to her, but those who did found out she was very communicative and fun to be around. Her boss was one of the company mole's son, Han Ki Joon, who couldn't be fired due to the lack of evidence of his participation in father's plans. She was allegedly recommended to him by finance expert from Los Angeles. Of course, it was all part of Matthew's scam, along with fake CV and phone number.

"Good morning, Miss Jung", her superior greeted as soon as she entered his office. She bowed her head shortly and placed files on his desk somehow too loudly. "What's that?"

"Calculations for next month", she replied shortly, shrugging her shoulders. As much as she was beautiful, she had no manners, at least not those that had to meet this company's criteria. During her first week, she slept in four out of five times, then spent almost full hour behind the desk fixing her makeup.

Han Ki Joon pushed files back to her.

"You were supposed to take these to CEO's office."

"Really?", she was confused for a brief moment.

Her boss watches her leans over the edge of the oak desk, enjoying it a little too much. Somin doesn't even notice it though, focusing on yellow file on top of the pile she carried for the past fifteen minutes. Her eyes were as deep as the ocean but as dark as a cave, so no one could figure out her true feelings and intentions. She appeared out of nowhere and became everything Han Ki Joon could focus on. But he was married businessman and affair with middle-class secretary wouldn't go in favor of his reputation, as well as a current trial in court.

"Mr. Han!", angel shouts and he loses his train of thoughts just as fast as he found it.

"Is it okay if I leave it in the right place now?"

He manages to nod, her beauty getting him drunk every time she looked him directly in eyes. Her heels clack ten times before she leaves his office.

Somin thought it would be easy to find the CEO's office, with only promotion pictures hanging on the walls to guide her. She realized she's lost when she passed the same picture for the third time. It was a Japanese model in Kim Fashion's latest clothing line.

Staring at the girl, Somin wondered how does it feel to be able to wear top brands like this every day. She always wanted to be rich enough to wear elegant dresses around her grand villa when it's a regular day. To dance to classical music and not think about anything for the rest of her life, except for being the most stylish woman in Gangnam district.

"I see you're enjoying the view."

Calm voice made her jump a little. When she turns her head, Kim Taehyung is standing next to her, watching the model with a skeptic look.

"Her smile looks perfect, doesn't it? Almost like she just jumped out of a fairytale, for our catalog only. Take another look at it."

Somin takes a careful look at pearl white teeth and bright look in the model's eyes. She certainly does know how to gain a person's trust, even if through the picture. Somin saw nothing wrong with it.

"This woman is famous for her dimples. They became so popular and symbolic that she even has makeup line called Angel's kiss, which is a wordplay connected to an old legend that people with dimples were kissed by an Angel when they were born.
But on this picture, her smile was forced. Fake, you may say. I remember the shooting day, she was very nervous and angry whole day that we only had two or three appropriate shots."