Chapter Twenty Six

(a/n: fyi, three chapters left until the end of the story)

Her

Loud banging sound made Matthew open his eyes and look around in confusion. He quickly grabbed the remote and truned off TV. The banging repeated, louder and more persistent.

For a few moments he was frozen, only guessing who could be at the doorway.

It's them, was Matthew's first thought. They're here to investigate and blame him for the murder. It sure didn't take them long to figure out what happened.

Banging repeated once again and although his common sense told him he shouldn't be concerned because he sterilized the whole place and got rid of evidences, he still couldn't bring himself to get up and open the door.

What if they brought weapons to clean up instead of their boss? He knew Kevin too well to just "guess". He knew.

Matthew reached one hand to the inside of the couch and pulled out a gun. He then raised himself and slowly approached the front door, holding the gun with one hand and grabbing the door handle with other.

"Matty...", husky voice, that he immediately recognized, was heard on the other side. "Open up... I'm freezing..."

Letting out relieved sigh, he quickly unlocks the door and opens, hiding the gun behind his back.

"For fuck's sake, Jiwoo, do you know how startled I was? Where's the spare key that I gave you?"

Jiwoo was looking up at him like a child caught in a lie. Then, a goofy smile formed on her lips and she replied.

"I forgot it... I think."

She entered without any sense of balance and would've ended up on the floor if Matthew's strong hand hadn't grabbed her. He sniffed.

"Are you drunk?", he asked and she nodded shamelessly. "How much did you have?"

"A little...", Jiwoo looked away and tried to push his hand away, but his grip only got tighter.

"Jiwoo, how much did you have?", he repeated, this time angrier. The blonde rolled her eyes.

"Geez, Matty, you're not my mom. I have no reason to tell you anything!"

She was angry, and so was he. The only difference was that his anger was caused by worry. He could only guess what's the real answer to his question, as well as why she got drunk in the first place. Therefore, he decided to change the tactic and release his grip.

"Hey, it's only natural for me to worry for my friend's well-being", Matthew smiled, watching carefully as Jiwoo made her way to the couch and plopped down. Her eyes focused on TV, but she still looked somehow distracted. He sat down next to her, pretending that movie is really interesting.

"What are we watching?", she asked after minute or two of silence. Matthew fell asleep while the news were on two hours ago, so he had no idea either but famous actors helped him find out.

" 'Mr and Mrs Smith' ", he concluded and Jiwoo snickered.

"Even those two split up, and they were always the hottest Hollywood couple", she sighed. "Have I ever told you Taehyung and I were on poll for the most popular couple in Seoul?"

Although he grimaced mentally, Matthew tried to sound like he was really interested. "And... did you win?"

Jiwoo frowned and shook her head at the same time. "We were surpassed by Suzy and Lee Min Ho."

The movie has just started, showing Angelina Jolie's character, Jane, being questioned whether she's alone in Columbia, to which Brad Pitt's character, John Smith, approaches them, saying that they're together.