Epilogue: Because

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

"Kim Tae Hyung, the now-ex heir of "Kim Fashion", has officially resigned with his family's company, presumably due to health issues. As soon as the press conference was over, he was seen rushing to Incheon International Airport, to join his wife, who is believed to be staying overseas. His parents asked media to refrain from making assumptions that could their well-being. The company has already lost over 30% of its worth after the theft scandal that occurred a couple of months ago, which is why this enormous company's future lays on thin glass once its current CEO decides to leave."

"Another victim of reckless driving fell last night. Between 9 and 10 pm, a female "H" lost her life due to speeding her car to 100 in the zone where the limit was 40. Police sources believe that she was also making a phone-call while driving. The accident occurred near Incheon Internation Airport, so ambulance cars were fast to arrive, but they could only declare immediate death."

Familiar hand shut down the laptop by pushing the screen down forcefully. Somin glared up at Matthew before almost spitting out:

"What the hell?"

"Stop watching those reports, it'll only make you more depressed than you already are." He remained collected, ignoring her death stare as he looked back.

The curtains were closed so that none of the light or curious eyes could get inside the small room they were staying at. The plan to come all the way to South America without anyone suspecting their appearance was crazy, so they couldn't risk getting into any more problems. The two of them lived peacefully, but it was very exhausting, so much that Somin sometimes thought about giving up, and this day was one of those times.

Just as Matthew started to walk away, Somin raised herself from the couch.

"Jesus, Matthew, we can't just go on with our lives and pretend like none of this happened! We ruined and took lives, for fuck's sake! When are you going to admit that it's all our fault? He lost his right to inherit the company, and she... she almost died, too! How can you even face yourself after everything?!"

In the matter of seconds, Matthew was in front of her, staring back angrily and refraining himself from saying something they both might regret.

"It's been two months, Somin. Two fucking months! Sixty days to think about everything that happened, enough time to accept that it had to happen for us to be here! How else would you be going to Copacabana beach every single night, drink those expensive vines he told you about and wear every dress you wish for? When would you be able to do it with the lifestyle you had before you sneaked back into my life?"

Somin turned her face and let out something that sounded like a sarcastic laugh.

"Well, unlike you, I have some self-consciousness, and I know who the woman in that report was. She was the first to actually notice strange air around me, and she also seemed like the only one who cared enough for him. I can't help but think that we're somehow related to her death, and it's been killing me for the past sixty days that you mentioned, or, more precisely, fifty three."

He turned to walk away again, but stopped and made a full circle while walking around the room, probably thinking of the best reply that would calm down his partner, but it seemed like nothing came to his mind. After a while, Matthew sighed and looked at her again.

"This is why we're never going to get along. When it's time for action, you're down to anything, but as soon as it's done your mind is filled with regret and sorrow for the lives of those who were murdered and wronged. When I asked you if you wanted to get rich, you'd do whatever I asked, but when you got closer to him, you saw that same humanity you have and you wanted to connect to him on a more personal level, but I stopped you on time."