Chapter Twenty Four

(a/n: hope you're ready because there are twists everywhereeee *evil laugh*)

Him

"Miss Na", Taehyung greeted calmly, but there was certain amount of disinterest in his voice.

"Oh don't you 'Miss Na' me! After all we've done for you, this is what you give us back?"

Na Seo Hee's hair was tied in ponytail that loosened, probably because she ran through hospital all day. She and her husband weren't just owners of the building, but also the lead surgeons in neurology and cardiology. Jinwoo, their son, was following his parents' steps by studying on Harvard with top grades and majoring nine months earlier.

She was a hard-working woman, demanding boss and dedicated mother and wife. With Jiwoo being her only daughter, Na Seo Hee was very sensitive to anything related to her.

"We granted your wish to have Jiwoo for your wife, believing that you'll take out the best of her, that you will always stick by her side! Instead of that, you leave her alone in the middle of unknown not only country but continent!", she yelled at him, not caring about stares other people in restaurant gave her. "Do you have any idea how stressful that is for woman's body and mental health? I don't want to have my daughter face sterility in early 20's!"

Her son-in-law looked up at her without bothering to move one muscle of his face to show a sign that what she said got to him or touched where it should've. At that moment, it probably didn't. Jeon Jiwoo was the first and the last thing on his mind all the time.

"You should info"rm yourself from better and more qualified sources", he started after what seemed to be the end of her critique, "before going around preaching your daughter's innocence."

"Can those sources tell me where's my daughter at this moment?"

Taehyung couldn't help but notice she looked just like Jiwoo when she crossed her arms defensively, but he shook that thought off quickly and smirked.

"I have absolutely no idea. For all I know, she could be anywhere from Canada to Chile, maybe even New Zealand! Who knows what she's... capable of", he looked at his mother-in-law significantly while saying the last sentence. Na Seo Hee pouted her lips a little, obviously getting the metaphor.

"This is not going to end so soon, Kim Tae-hyung! I'll sue you if I have to, but I won't stop until my daughter gets back for everything you wronged her for. And don't you dare talk about her innocence because she's the last person to blame for your family's greed."

"Remember there's no lawsuit in this world that can't be taken down with money and powerful name. And you have none of those", he said, not even looking at her at this point but cutting Somin's meal instead.

She snickered. "Are you threatening me right now?"

"Read it as you wish, it's really none of my business. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a guest to take care of."

All he heard was door opening and closing when Na Seo Hee walked away. Only then he picked up his head to look at Somin, who seemed worried with what just happened.

"Don't worry, she won't be coming back so we can enjoy our meal in peace."

Somin turned around just in moment to see something that shocked her even more. For good five seconds she sat frozen, with her eyes wide open.

"What? I'm telling you, take it easy, she's just a very stressed mother!"

Brunette shook her head vigorously. "Mr Kim... Tae-hyung... you're actually eating?"