Chapter Twenty Nine: Part One

(a/n: did you REALLY think i'm going to give you satisfaction of full LAST chapter? april'fools!)

Seoul, South Korea

It could've been only a day, a week at most, but when Taehyung opened his eyes he felt two to three years older.

He tried moving, but failed due to unbearable pain in his head and soreness in the rest of his body. A hand prevented him from repeating the action twice by holding his arm and pushing him back down. He moaned in annoyance. He was cold, dizzy and thirsty, and now he wasn't even able to get up!

"Go back to bed, Mr Kim", a familiar voice hushed at him, but Taehyung refused to obey. He needed to get somewhere before...

Before what?

There was a huge black hole blocking the end of his thought, which disturbed him even more.

In the end, he laid his head back on warm pillow and shut his eyes, trying to concentrate and remember where was it that he had to go.

There was a sound of doors being opened and he felt cold air pass by his face for a mere moment before the doors were shut again. High heels' clicking echoed through the room. Whoever entered was either in rush or extremely impatient.

"Did he wake up?", he recognized his Mother's voice; she sounded like she was worried about something... It wasn't long before Taehyung realized that she was talking about him.

The other voice, belonging to a man who told him to go back down, confirmed. "He wanted to get up, but I stopped him before anything went wrong."

Miss Yoon sighed in relief. "What would we do without you, Mr Oh?"

Taehyung could imagine polite and modest secretary smiling as his boss' wife gave him a compliment. That was when he opened his eyes again, feeling less lightheaded, but still a little drugged, probably because of the sedatives.

"Mom...", was all he managed to say with dry throat. Hearing that voice, Yoon Hye Jin rushed to his side and took one of his hands in hers gently, watching him with same worry he felt in her voice moments before.

"Son, how are you feeling? Does anywhere hurt? Maybe nausea or dizziness?", she asked a whole bunch of questions, but Taehyung shook his head negatively to every. His only question was simple.

"What happened?"

The woman went silent, pressing her upper and lower lip together. Yoon Hye Jin left without word to say. You don't see that quite often.

However, that only made Taehyung more suspicious of the weight of the answer he was looking for. That's why he turned to Secretary Oh, who was looking just as worried as his Mother.

"Mr Oh?", he raised his eyes in expectation, seeing the man's eyes running away from meeting his, as he was hesitant.

Miss Yoon spoke after a few more moments of silence. "Your life was in critical condition for more than 12 hours, when they tried whatnot just to have you breathe in once. You've been asleep for roughly 48 hours, all because of that dirty fraud, Jung Seola. Or should I say... You know what, she's not even worth you knowing her real name. She tried to kill you after taking large sum of money from all our bank accounts."

Small wrinkles appeared on Taehyung's forehead. "Is she still in Seoul?"

"Of course not, she ran away as soon as she was done with you; the police is onto her already...", Yoon Hye Jin brushed one astray lock of black hair off her son's forehead. "Why was that phone call so important that you had to rush all the way to Incheon International Airport?"