Chapter 19

~LeLani

"Toast to cliche's and the dark past..." I sing cleaning up my kitchen, as Beyonce blasted from the tv. King was with Lonnie for the rest of the day, and Brianna was at school.

So, I've been Quincy free for three whole months. I love it. No one controls me, I control me. I got a job nursing at a hospital. Southern California is the shit. It is on point. I love the weather, no rain no pain.

A knock on the door turns my attention from my work. I walk to the door and peep out the whole. I open it. "Hey." Jerell pecks my cheek and walks in. "Hello. What's up?" I ask going back into the kitchen. "You got plans today?" He ask. "Ummm, nope. Just gotta get B from school."  I respond. "I'll pick her up now. I got somewhere I wanna take y'all." He says. "K."

Jerell, man... He works at the hospital as a pediatrician. I met him a few days before I began working at the hospital. I like that he's not a drug dealing bastard, like Q. I laugh to myself, what was I thinking? I still got love for Q. I always will love his annoying ass.

~Quincy

"Q, man stop! Leave her alone." OG and Dice attempted to remove me from this broad Nicki. I started whooping on that bitch. Stealing? Nah  we don't do that around here.

I yank from them, and walk out the trap, getting in my truck and starting it. When I was driving it started raining. I couldn't even see anymore. I was about to pull over, but fucked up some ones car. I sigh, and get out.

I realized it was Lani's mama. "Quincy really?" She says. I sigh and rub the back of my neck. "Are you okay? Lani in the car?" She ask. "I aint seen Lani in months." I respond. She smiles. "About time." I roll my eyes. I hate her mom.

After clearing up everything, I went home. The house is a mess and lately I haven't gave a fuck. I just come and leave. I decided it was time to clean up, and get myself under control. Ever since Lani left, shit has been outta.

I cleaned up the house, took a shower, and fell asleep. Later, Nicki came home. "Nicki." I get up. "Don't hit me. Im sorry." She says waking into the bathroom. "No Im sorry. I assumed." I say. I hug her. She hugs me back.

I laid up, thinking about everything. Nicki was asleep on my arm. The reason I was mad. The reason I lost my girl. The reason I can't see my kids. The reason they not even in Georgia anymore. I sigh, getting up and going outside. I stand staring at the pool. Contemplating a few things.

Suicide is what kept coming in my head. Im loosing everything, my life is screwed. I looked up at the balcony above my head. Nicki was standing there, staring at the town. She was crying. Why, I don't know?

The next morning, Nicki left me a note.

Be back by 12. Love you babe :*

I threw it away and went in the bathroom to get ready for the day. I opened the medicine cabinet, and a pregnancy test fell out. I look down at it. "What the fuck?" I make a face. It was in paper towel, I couldn't tell rather it was positive or not. I just put it back, and forgot it.

When Nicki came home, she was smiling and giggling. I rolled my eyes and continued to watch tv. Her ignorant mother came over. "Quintin put your feet down off that table." I glare at this woman. "This is my house. And how many times I gotta tell you that my name is QUINCY. Not Quintin. That's my lil brother." I say annoyed. "I like Quintin." I stare at her. "And?" I ask. "Im gonna call you that." I roll my eyes.

"Dad!" Quinn walks into the house. "You got a kid?" Nicki's mom ask. "I got three." I respond. Quinn gives me his report card. All A's. My boy. I reach in my pocket and give him two hundreds. "Thanks dad." He goes up to his room. "Where that money come from?" She ask. "Hard work and dedication." I answer. Bitch always asking me questions.

After dinner, I took Quinn to see a movie. He wanted to see Godzilla, so I let him go since he got good grades. When I got home, Nicki called me into the living room. "Wassup baby?" I ask kissing her lips. "Here." She smiles. I open up the envelope to see that Nicki is a pregnant, three weeks. "You excited?" She ask. "I don't know. I been through it so many times. Not so much excited." I say. "Aw." She pokes out her lips. I smile.

~LeLani

"Aww, this is nice Jerell." I say looking around the beach. His son and Brianna were playing by the shore. "I missed y'all." He kisses my forehead. I smile. We walked along the beach talking. I stared at the water, it's so pretty at night. "Brianna." I say. She comes to me smiling. "Yes?" She ask. "Go get Ky, we're leaving soon." She nods and runs off. I went to Jerell, who was holding King. "Aww. Give me baby." I say taking King. He was out, looking just like Quincy. Mouth open and all. I smile at the thought, and get ready to go home. "I'm staying at yo' house tonight." Jerell says. I nod and give him King back. I put our stuff back in the bag. "Mommy, I can't find Ky." Bri says. Jerell got up and began searching. "Ky! Kyree. Don't play!" Kyree comes from behind the car. "Boo!" Brianna screams. "Asshole!" Bri says. I pop her. "Watch your mouth Brianna." I snap.

Jerell and I spent the night up, watching Netflix, talking, cuddling, kissing. I woke up at 12 am, seeing Jerell was watching Cloudy With  A Chance Of Meatballs 2. "Aww, this my movie!" I sit up. "You need to go back to sleep. You have to get up in less than 4 hours." He says. "Sooooo?" I ask. He laughs. "Do you. Don't complain about being tired tomorrow." I stick my tongue out. "You got work?" I ask. "Nope. Bri and Kyree don't have school. So I'm staying with them. And King of course." I nod. I kiss his chin. "Thanks." I say. "For what?" He questions. "Being here for my kids, and me. Even though you don't have to." I answer. "I want to." He kisses my lips and pulls me closer. I smile.