Chapter 60

~Medie

"In the darkest night hour, I search through the crowd, your face is all I see! I give you everything. Baby love me lights out." I sing to Beyonce XO in the car with Quinn. He looks over at me and smiles, showing those beautiful white teeth of his. Our hands were intertwined and we were heading home from the trap. I stayed with him all day, it was interesting I must say.

The ride was filled with me singing to him until I seen red and blue lights flashing behind us. Quinn sighs and reaches in the back. He opened the plastic bag of marijuana and pulled over. He quickly poured it into a water bottle and shook it up. He took my empty can of pineapple juice and poured it inside. "They won't look in there." He smiles. I shake my head and seen the cop knock on the window.

"Medie?" It's my dad. Oh my god. "Hey daddy." I smile. "I did all that for nothing?" Quinn rolls his eyes. "Did what?" His partner ask. "Man fuck out my face." Quinn get real disrepectful when it come to an officer. "Quinn, get home. It's 11:30 at night. Where my grandkids?" My dad ask. "They're over my dads for the weekend." Quinn says. "Alright. See yall later." My dad walks away from the car, and Quinn proceeds driving.

"I thought I was going to jail on some real shit." Quinn sighs sitting back at a red light. "Be glad that was my dad." I say turning Beyonce back on. "Man, I'm tired of listening to her ass." Quinn groans looking at me. "Shut up and drive." I smile looking down at my phone. Quinn turned off Beyonce and turned on Rae Sremmurd. And lord knows I hate that mff.

"Bad bitches is the only thing that I like..." Quinn raps along. I look over at him. "You don't like shit but me. Heard?" I say sounding like him. "Ah, you tryna sound like me now huh?" I blush. "I'm doing a lot of weird stuff you do lately." I shake my head. "Like?" He ask FINALLY pulling onto our street. "Rubbing my face, picking every single onion out of your ma's green beans and saying Heard after a statement. That shit is weird. You rubbing off on me too much." Quinn laughs and pulls into the driveway. "You can't help it. Everybody wanna be like Ghost." I giggle and get out the car. "Yea, right." I say rolling my eyes.

~Quinn

I got in the house and locked the door. I looked through the mail. "Oh my god!!!!" I yell. "What?" Medie ask taking off her Gucci tennis shoes and coming towards me. "I got court! What the fuck!?" I open the letter. "Yep, I'm going to jail." I sigh. "Why? What you do?" Medie ask. "I got arrested for drug trafficking like three months ago. Why is this just now catching up with me?" Medie sighs and looks up at me. "I don't want you to leave." She says putting her arms around my body. I put my arm around her shoulders.

I walked back to the couch and sat down on it. Medie straddled me and looked in my eyes. "You sure you gonna go to jail?" She ask. "I'm going Medie. Three years is the max. My dad went to jail for this a lot, but my ma always bailed his dumbass out." I tell her tryna avoid her eyes, which were on the verge of crying. "This unfair. Can't I bail you?" She ask. "If you bail me, I'll be on probation and won't be able to leave Georgia for years." I shrug. "Ugh."

The next two weeks, Medie wouldn't let me spend anywhere really but with her. It's amazing how afraid she is. I keep telling her jail ain't shit to me, and I'll be alright, but nah, that's not processing through her brain enough.

She a complete nervous wreck, my trial is in four hours. She didn't sleep last night, but I did. When I woke up this morning she was throwing up. "Medie, you can't be that nervous babygirl." I stand up and make my way to the bathroom. She seen me coming and shut the door. "Open the door." I say tryna open it. "No. I'm really si-" Her sentence was cut by more vomit. "Okay." I walk away and lay on the bed.

~Medie

I finished up and took a shower. I stood in the shower staring at the water. Ugh, I don't want Quinn to leave. I'll miss him. I know Junior and Mya gone be....a nervous, sad, grumpy mess. I got out and wrapped a towel around my body. I heard Quinn on the phone. "You coming to my trial dad?" I sigh even thinking about the trial again.

I dressed in something a little dressy and sat on the bed next to Quinn. He puts his arm around my shoulders and smiles. "I love you." He says kissing my ear. "I love you too." I say looking into those beautiful eyes. "Your sad aren't you?" I nod and look at the floor. "Why? There's always a phone, or visiting. I'm not dying Medie." Quinn says making me laugh a little. "I never been away from you for that long. It could be a whole three years before you get out." I feel him tense up. "I promise it won't be more than six months. I promise." Quinn kisses my head and gets up walking to the bathroom.

After four hours of anxiety, we're here, in a court room. It's cold, Quinn is in handcuffs, looking like he don't have a care in the world. I was holding Junior on my lap, and Mya was close to me underneath my arm. I didn't understand half the stuff that was going on. Mr. Jones was really into it, and Mrs.Jones looked like she was gone kill over in thirty seconds. "Sentencing time." The judge smiles at Quinn. He just looked at his feet, he probably had a lot of smart shit to say.

"Okay, let's see, driving under the influence of marijuana, three months probation, drug traficking, 10 months county jail, and after jail four months probation. Seven months total." Quinn shakes his head. "There a problem Mr. Jones?" He didn't say anything. He turned to me and I looked away, I can't look at him right now.

After Quinn was taken away, I walked out of the court house. I was pissed off to the max. Ugh, ten months without Quinn, that means no D, OMFG.