Battle Scars (destiel AU)

Hey this may have sensative content veiwer discretion may be advised.

Chapter 1

New school.

New year.

New sexuality.

New house.

New life.

New everything.

Damn.

Castiel Novak thought to himself as he got out of the car outside of his new home.Where his new school is only five minutes away, Garrison High. Home of the Angels. Christian Private School. Yey.

Not only is Castiel Novak a new student he is an exchange student from Britan. He was leaving his family behind. Well his mom and dad  died six months ago so he and his big brother Gabriel moved to Virginia to live with his Uncles, Michael and Adam Milligan.

Castiel was short. And had dark brown hair and clear blue eyes. He was different. People here, in this town hated different. 

"Everyone's lawns look the same." Castiel said to his older brother as the cab dropped them off out front of their uncle's house.

"Cassie!!" Michael exclaimed runnig outside and wrapping his arms tightly around his favorite nephew. Gabriel always got into trouble in the supposed-to-be perfect town.

"Hey Castiel," Adam says behind Michael.

"Hi" Castiel trys to say but it comes out breathy becasue his Uncle is cutting off his breath.

"Gabe!" Adam gives Gabriel a hug. 

"So," Adam states putting an arm over Castiels shoulder, "Cas, how do you like the town?"

"It's Castiel. Not Cas. Cas is a chubby 14 year old." Castiel said blankly. He lugs his large suitcase behind him. 

"Sorry Castiel, we haven't seen you in three years" Adam apologizes.

"It's fine." Cas slouches.

Castiel walks inside and walks up the long twisting stair case of the Milligan's huge house. He finds one of the empty rooms. He puts his suitcase down on the bed and locks the door. He pulls a small bag from his suitcase. He rummages past all of the bottles of anti depressants and finds one of the shinning silver blades at the bottom of the bag. He takes one out and drags it gently across his wrist.

He  draws in silver, but the lines turn red.

He goes to his personal bathroom that connects to his bedroom.He flushes all of the blades--except one. He hides the only remaining blade in a small drawer next to his sink. He sighs and pulls down the sleves of his sweatshirt.

"Hey Cas, um uh Castiel I mean" It's Gabriel. It was hard to get used to calling him Castiel, but he was more than done with Cas. His mum called him that.

Everyone says the source of Castiel's depression came from the death of his parents but no one really knew that they lost Castiel long before. He cut deeper when they died, more often. He didn't want to. It was hard to stop. It was an addiction. Like smoking. Or drinking. Both he was familiar with. He had tried them to rid him of his clinical depression but not much worked. Only the blades. They were dangerous. But he was careful. Death didn't scare him. He lived to die, that's all.

He has to worry about his grades. He despises his school. He could get away from the constant reminder of his parents. Or his new sexuality, which was a curse non the less. People looked at him side ways now. He didn't mind. They left him alone because of his parents. He liked that, being invisible. He wasn't now. This was a new start. Though the scars wouldn't leave him. Not even his brother knew of the scars.

   They told each other everything--just not this. No one was to know.

He was broken beyond repair and he didn't really want to be glued back together. The world is a shitty place and it wouldn't change if he was gone from it.

Maybe a little, but he doesn't know that. Not yet.