Terrible Things

chapter 5:

This chapter is based off the song Terrible Things by Mayday Parade.

10:23 am

Have you ever wondered what it'd be like to tear apart your entire life for just one person?

Well thanks to Dean Winchester we both are about to find out.

Dean sits down at the bar next to me. His eyes glossy-like he's been crying.

"Dean, how did you get here?" He looks down a slight smile creeps across his face.

"I-I ran"

"Oh, wow" I look back up at him.

"But I-I need to tell you something because I haven't been very honest with you Cas." I stare at my wrists.

"Me either." I admit we sit there in scilence for a minute or two.

"Jo," Dean states, "our scilence is your que."

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I'm leaving." She backs up and leaves the room.

After she leaves I get rigt to it because after all I did meet up with Dean here to get answers.

"What bloody hell do you mean you haven't been very honest with me Dean?"

"There are just some important things I haven't told you..." I feel slightly guilty as well for not being totally honest with Dean either.

"You can tell me anything Dean." I say gently placing my hand on his knee. He twiches a little bit under my touch. I go to move my hand trying to avoid the awkwardness but he puts his hand on top of mine holding it in place.

"Promise you won't treat me different." worry ripples through my body.

"Why would I?"

"That'd be ruining the supprise wouldn't it?" I gulp down the slight panic rising in my throat. But I nod anyway. 

"Cas, I already told you about my mom- yah know...dying." 

"Yeah." 

"Well after my mom died my  dad kinda went off the deep end." I don't say anything I jsut sit and listen. "My dad started drinking. Like a lot. And after a while he started getting angry while he was drunk. I couldn't let him take it out on Sammy because he was only seven when he started. I was older so I took all the heat." He pauses and looks down tears in his eyes. He closes his eyes. Eyelids twitching as tears slip through them. I look down at his trembling hands and put them in my own. He looks up at me. "I still do." He says his voice wavers on still.

"Dean, you never told me uh how your mum died."

"It's hard to explain." He says breathy.

"Then you don't have to."

I'd never seen him like this. So-so-so vulnerable.

My throat burns. Now I suppose it's my turn to talk. "Dean I also have to tell you somethng. Really important." He looks up at me and I take that as a sign to continue speaking. So I do. "After my parents died I knew I'd have to come here. But I had a plan. I was gonna live here for a week. To um- act like it was getting better and then after that week I was going to do a terrible- awful thing."

Dean looks up at me. His face worried. More worried than I'd ever seen him look while with me. "Dean- I was gping to kill myself. But then-then I met you. And you took my breath away. You were just so amazing. Like the prince in the fairy tales. The ones with the happy endings, and in the moment I met you I knew suicide would be the last of my options. I knew that all my plans were ruined because of you. "I try and smile "And I wanted-want to know if I made the right choice. Not killing myself."

"You didn't kill yourself because you met me?" He asks. I nod. "That makes me even more glad that I met you. Promise-promise you'll never ever kill yourself." He begs. He leans toward me and puts his hand on my cheek. "Because I don't know what the hell I'd do with out you." He whispers.

"I promise."

He leans so close that our foreheads are touching, so we are breathing the same air. "God damn it Castiel Novak."

"What?"

"I think I'm in love with you."

"Bloddy hell. " I laugh "Now thats a problem," We press our lips together. Kissing Dean was like having time stop. Because nothing else seems to matter. Just him just this. Just now.

And god. I was going to stay here for as long as possible.

Authors Note:

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short. It's also not one of my bests but I was really bored so I started writing and it turned out okay I think! Anyway I have a question, would you guys want me to #1 once I'm finished this write a sequel?

And #2 I am thinking about writing another fic. It'd be Destiel as well but it wouldn't start off with BAM destiel but it would eventually get there but I have a really good idea!!! So comment if you'd like that :)

xx Abby