When We Were Younger.

Chapter 9:

This chapter is based off the song when we were younger by You Me at Six

It's 12 o' clock on on a Wednesday night. It's dark and I can't stop thinking of the seconds before Dean found me. How many seconds I spent hoping he'd find me. How many seconds I wanted to jump. For my entire life. I didn't want to. But I did. How many seconds I was waiting to jump. Hesitating. Why? After so many years of wanting to push off the small ledge of hope keeping me here I found myself  holding tighter to the bars.

I've cried myself to sleep almost everynight. But I find myself crying harder each time. I've lost so much and I can't think think straight.

There is a noise outside my window, I stand and slowly walk over to it. I pull the blinds back revealing the outdoors. I look down and see a blob of red. I open the window.

"Anna?" I whisper shout. The red haired girl looks up, smiling. She waves. I shake my head and fall backward. I've just seen a ghost. Basically.  I stand back up.

"Hey there Cas! I'm coming in so open the damn door would yah?" I nod and walk down the stairs. I still can't belive what I'm seeing. I unlock and open the front door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask anger in my voice. She steps forward.

"I came to see my baby brother!" She smiles reaching out to ruffle my hair. I grab her arm.

"I mean what do you want?" I snap. She rolls her eyes.

"What makes you assume I want something?"

"Well do you?" She smiles sheepishly. I roll my eyes. "Bye Anna" I close the door and lock it. I slide dwon the wall. I scream and punch the door. I cry into my knees.

Why is she here? I can't talk to her! I hate her! After what she did! What makes think she can just waltz in here and pull my life out from unerneath me?!? Wait...what does she want anyway?

I know she's still there. I stand up and unlock the door. "What do you want?" I ask.

"I need a place to stay."

"Anna..."

"Listen to me Cas, I just need somewhere to stay for a week. Thats it. A week. And then be out of your life forever. I promise."

"And somehow when you're here you will find a way to destroy my life Anna." She looks down.

"Cas...please" I nod slowly.

"Just don't...don't talk to anyone who comes in here. Don't talk to my...friends okay?" She rolls her eyes.

"What friends?" I laugh sligtly.

I tell her can sleep on the couch. Although I'm not sure how Adam and Michael are going to react to their neice that they haven't seen in five years laying on their couch.

Anna's name is a name not very commonly spoken in the Novak/ Milligan house holds concidering she left on a bad note. A very bad note.

I walk upstairs and climb into bed trying hard to forget about the, as much as I hate talking about my own sister this way, burden laying on my couch. I turn away from the door and close my eyes.

"CAS!!" I hear Gabe yeling from donstairs I get up and rwalk down the stairs.

"Yeah?" I ask tiredly, rubbing sleep from my eyes.

"What the hell is she doing here?" He asks still not calling her by her real name when she is two feet away from him.

 "Anna just needs a place to stay for a few day, it's really not a big deal." Adam has an angry look on his face. I can't if it's for me or Anna. I get a text message. "One sec."