Anywhere But Here

chapter 4:

This chapter is based off of the song Anywhere But Here by Mayday Parade

You never really understand how bad getting the shit beat out of you hurts, until you're getting the shit beat out of you. And let me tell you really fucking hurts. Especially when you are getting the shit beat out of you by five guys who are all about twice your size.

But even more so when the reason is a thing that you have no control of, like being gay for instance. But also for dating their "best friend"/ football team captain. That I do have control of.

Soon after the day I "came out" Dean and I began to date. That was only a week ago. Rumors got out quickly that the "perfect" town was no longer perfect. And it was/is supposedly all my fault. Dean said it was, and I quote "complete and utter bullshit".

Of course it doesn't matter to Benny if Dean is happy or not, as long as he is.

Anyway at this exact moment I am getting five pairs of fists smashed against my chest and I can't do shit about it. As you may know I don't go looking for trouble, trouble looks for me. And trouble's name just happens to be Benny James Renner.

****

"Hey Mr.Milligan! Is Castiel home?" I look up from my text book and peek out of my doorway at the mention of my name.

"Yeah he's probably up i his room." I can hear the cheesy smile in my uncle Michael's voice. I go back to studying and wait for Dean to come upstairs.

I hear Dean's heavy foot steps coming up the stairs. I stare at my book and smile as Dean puts his hands over my eyes.

"This is a robbery, turn around and put your hands in the air" I can't help but giggle, "this isn't funny this is a robbery!" I can hear him trying not to laugh. I stand up and turn around trying to keep a straight face.

"Wow, you are one hot robber." I say putting my hands in the air.

"I know." I laugh and Dean pokes my ribs. I make a bitchface and lean forward pressing my lips to his. "C'mon let's go to school." So far the Dean and I thing is just a rumor. Benny intends to keep it that way. He told me that he'd bash my face in if I ruined Dean's reputation.

I hop into the seat next to Dean's. Sam sits in the middle back seat a text book splayed across his lap.

"Sam you are still studying?"

"Math makes no sense!! Like how am I supposed to know the square root of 45 off the top of my head!!?!!" I laugh. "Im serious Castiel! Wait is Gabe coming?"

" It's 6.7 and yeah he should be out soon."

Just then Gabriel runs out of the house. He slides into the back seat and slams the door shut.  (A/N: I changed Gabriel to Castiel's cousin ily continue reading)"Holy shit!" He exclaims, "my dads were lecturing me about keeping my grades up wow"

"Same." Sam sighs. Dean looks dead ahead.

"Sammy we don't talk about it remember."

"Sorry. I forgot."

"It's okay Sammy." Okay awkward. Something is wrong. I can tell. The rest of the ride to school is silent.

++++++++++++

When we get to school Dean opens my door for me. Sam and Gabe get out say bye and walk across the parking lot to the school building. Dean presses his lips to mine and I kiss him back. And then when we pull away there are tears in my eyes.