Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The wedding

I jump at the sight of Harriet, Darius and Taylor looking down on me when I wake up. "We're here early!" squeals Harriet. I look at the clock 5:00, why do I have to get up so early?

I slide out of bed and greet the prep team and then I follow them downstairs. It turns out that when I was sleeping many people weren't, my living room is full of people rushing around and getting everything ready.

I spot Indigo across the room and walk over to her. "Who are all these people?" I ask.

"Well there is people preparing a banquet of food for the after party, an then there are people here to decorate the victors village" she says.

I'm allowed to have a quick shower before I'm handed over to my prep team.

The whole time they keep talking about how the Capitol can't wait to watch the wedding. "It is being broadcast live?" I ask.

"Of course it is" says Taylor.

After they have finished I look in the mirror, my makeup is light colours and my hair is put in a messy bun with diamond hair pins. "Wow" I whisper.

"We knew you would like it, now lets go and meet Louis" says Darius.

Louis helps me get into my wedding dress and attaches a veil into my hair, then I grab his hand as I step into the sparkly heels.

Indigo is rushing around keeping everyone on schedule. Then she leads me towards the front door and helps me into the chariot. I sit down next to Danny he is going to walk me down the aisle. "Are you ready?" he says.

"I'm a bit nervous but other than that I'm totally prepared" I say.

We arrive at the small meadow, a small white hut has been laid out and white chairs are filled with people here for the wedding. On my side is Indigo, my prep team and Enobaria, also a few important people like the mayor. On Cato's side is his whole family, Brutus and more important people.

I step out of the chariot and grab hold of Danny's arm. The music starts to play and everyone stands up. I start to walk down the aisle, I feel uncomfortable with all the cameras around. When I reach the end of the aisle I let go of Danny and grab hold of Cato. "Hey" he whispers.

"Hi" I whisper back.

The ceremony is a lot shorter than I thought it would be. When it is time for us to present the rings, Cato slips a small silver ring on top of my engagement ring. Then I give him his ring, that I bought a few weeks ago.

Then we give each other a quick kiss and then the ceremony is over.

A few people start to leave but many people stay and get pictures with us and also a few camera men interview us. Eventually everyone leaves and goes to the victors village for the after party. Me and Cato go into the chariot and as we are riding back, I look down at the ring it is shaped so it joins up with the engagement ring. Then I notice something else, there is writing engraved onto it, it says 'Clato forever''

"What's Clato mean?" I say. Cato sees me looking down at the ring.

"It out ship name, you join Cato and Clove together and it makes Clato" he says. "Oh yeah" I say, I feel a bit stupid by not knowing that already. We arrive at the victors village and I'm relieved that there are no cameras around.

We step out of the chariot and make our way over to the food tables that have been laid out across the victors village. For the rest of the night we dance and accept congratulations, but

mostly we keep going back to the food tables. By the end of the night I'm exhausted and my dress keeps getting caught on things. I go home and Cato stays with me.

I run upstairs and rip of the dress, I take a sigh of relief. Then I take the pins out of my hair and take out the veil. "Why don't you go home and relax, that suit looks uncomfortable?" I say to Cato.

"Okay should I come back after?" he says."If you want to" I say. He goes downstairs and out the door. I take a shower and wash the makeup and perfume from my body.

When I get out I towel dry my hair and change into my pyjamas and slippers. My mouth starts to water at the smell coming from the kitchen, I go downstairs and see Cato serving up dinner for us both. "What are we having?" I say.

"I made chicken with chunks of orange with creamy sauce" he says.

I sit down at the dining table and Cato joins me. The meal is delicious "You know cooking isn't the manliest hobby in the world" I say.

"Oh well it better than sword training" he says. I finish the meal and go up to bed and let Cato wash up.

Before I go to bed I look at the wedding ring and the words 'Clato forever'

-------------------
Authors note: Edited 2016
I cant believe people are still reading this story I never thought it would get this far. Thank you allllllll :)

- Aimee xo