Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Sponsors

The next morning Brutus and Enobaria go down to the training centre for training, me and Cato are left alone with Indigo. "Why don't you two go down and try and talk with some sponsors?" says Indigo.

"Ok, where do we go?" I say.

"To the betting centre" she says.

Me and Cato ride the elevator and leave the training centre. It feels weird to actually walk around the Capitol, since I have only ever been in the training centre. We go to the betting centre and find that it is filled with rich Capitol people.

The minute I walk inside I start to feel sick, it reminds me how last year these people were betting on how long I had left to live. "Where shall we start?" says Cato. "I guess we should start...." For some reason I am really confused and I have no idea what I am doing.

Cato sees how lost I am and says "Lets start over there" He points to a group of Capitol men all drinking alcohol and talking in there high pitched Capitol accents.

Me and Cato walk over to them when we sit down they all go silent. "Hello..." I say awkwardly.

"We would like to talk to you about sponsoring this years district 2 tributes, Brutus and Enobaria" says Cato. We start to talk about how the victors were promised a life of peace and now they have to go back into the place of nightmares. By the end we have every one of them wanting to sponsor Brutus and Enobaria.

We shake there hands and then walk away. "I think that went pretty well" I laugh. "Well it was better than listening to Indigo all day" says Cato.

When we get back to our floor in the training centre, Brutus and Enobaria have returned. "How was training?" I ask. "It was alright" mumbles Enobaria. "What did you do all day?" asks Brutus. "We went to the betting centre to try and get sponsors" I say.

"Yeah and we got quite a lot" says Cato. "good to hear" says Enobaria. We all sit down and have dinner, I haven't ate as much as I usually do and I am so hungry after today. The meal is delicious and after I have ate I can't be bothered to do anything but go to bed.

For the next 2 days whist Brutus and Enobaria are training, me and Cato go down to the betting centre. After two days we have at least half of the rich Capitol people willing to sponsor Brutus and Enobaria. For some reason I know that if one of them comes home it will be Enobaria, not because she is stronger but because Brutus will protect Enobaria in any way that he can.