Chapter 20

Chapter 20: A victor for life

"Hey, did you sleep well after the nightmare" he says.

"Yeah I love it when your there to comfort me" I say.

"I never have nightmares when I sleep with you" he says.

"Then maybe you should move in with me" I say. He takes the plates and puts them on the table and we both sit down. "Of course I would, but what about my family" he says.

"The house is still assigned to you so you can decide who lives there" I say.

"Well in that case I guess I'm moving in" he says.

"I will help you get your things" I say.

"Ok thanks" he says.

"I will wash up and you can get a head start" I say.

"Ok see you soon" he says and he gets up and walks out. I collect the plates and start to wash up, a horrible thought hits me there will be another victory tour in six months and then the games six months later where I will have to mentor more innocent children. I realise that my life will be full of repetitive games and the only person keeping me together is Cato.

I finish the washing up and then walk across the victors village to Cato's house. I walk straight in and upstairs to his room. He is putting his clothes into a black bag. I grab another bag and fill it with the rest of his things. When we finish we each have 2 big bags full of his stuff. "Wow how much do you have?!" I say dragging the heavy bags down the stairs. "a lot" he says.

We eventually make it back to my house and we start to unpack his things. By late evening we have finished and we are both exhausted, the house looks like mine and Cato's instead of just looking like mine.

"Should I start cooking the dinner?" he says. "No, I have a better idea" I say. "What?" he asks.

"We should go to the bench" I say.

"Why?" he says.

"Because....I have missed it" I say.

"And the view of the sunset is amazing from there" I say. I didn't want to tell him about the repetitive game because he may already know.

I grab his hand and lead him out the house, I run excitedly like a child to the bench. The area is deserted and I was right about the sunset. We both sit down and I rest my head on Cato's shoulder. We don't speak, the sunset says all our words. I realise that I can't change who I am, but other people can. But through all the games, tours, interviews, arguments and

nightmares, I have tried to hold on to a little bit of my past. Now I can finally piece it together. My name is Clove Sevina, I train for the games, I have a huge crush on Cato and my dad died when I was young.

Now the present, my name is Clove Hadley, I won the 74th hunger games, I got married to Cato, my mother died and I had to mentor my mentors. And I am hoping that one day the Capitol will fall and someone will take them down, it won't be me but someone will.

And finally I can't forget who I am always... a victor.

And as for the future..... well it is still to come.