Chapter 3

A week passed since Harry and I received that letter from Hogwarts and still that same letter keeps on coming as if someone or something knew that we haven't read it yet. And each day, the letters keeps on multiplying and our wonderful uncle keeps on ripping them apart, never giving us a chance to read it.

One night when I went to the kitchen to get some water, I saw our uncle using our letters to light a fire in the fireplace. He even drilled a plank to the letterbox on the door.

Something even strange is happening. The owls are having a party in the yard. One owl joins the bunch everyday. I've been counting them for the whole week. I've started with five owls, now I counted twenty, give or take.

Now it's two days later and Harry and I still haven't read a single word on that letter. Except for our names and the address, which is scarily accurate.

I was cleaning up the kitchen while Harry served the Dursleys with the cookies I baked.

It seems like Uncle Vernon's having a good time. He looks triumphant too when he said how today, Sunday, was the best day of the week.

"Why is that, Dudley?" Uncle Vernon asked his son why today sounded so special.

No wonder he looks so happy. There's no mail on Sundays.

Dudley just shrugged as he took a cookie and inhaled it.

Harry turned to Uncle Vernon and answered, "Because there's no post on Sundays?"

"Right you are, Harry!" he exclaimed as he took a cookie on the plate. " No post on Sundays."

I finished wiping the counters as Harry looked at me with an annoyed expression and I returned it with a reassuring one.

After I put the rag away, I saw another owl flew by the window. I went to Harry and poked him then pointed to the window, just in time as another owl flew past it.

We gave each other a glance and went to the window. Harry drew the curtain and what we saw surprised us.

The owls multiplied by two in the past two days. There must have been at least forty owls hanging in the front yard and more keeps flying in.

I have a weird feeling about this. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, as if my body knew what was going to happen but my body doesn't.

When I turned back to look around the room to find something odd, I mean, besides the owls having a party in the yard, a single letter flew out of the chimney, cutting of whatever our blabbering uncle was saying.

My eyebrows raised in surprise and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered more wildly.

I looked at the fireplace, expecting to see more letters to fly out of it and it didn't disappoint me. Letters flew out and soon the room was filled with letters flying everywhere. It's as if the sender was already annoyed of the Dursleys destroying our letters for the entire week

Harry and I gave each other a grin and we began to get some letters. Harry, being the idiot of the two of us, stepped up on the coffee table and began to catch a single letter in the storm of posts. Well, tried anyway. And I, being the smarter one, just picked up a letter from the growing pile on the floor, which is way easier than trying to catch one in the air.

After I got the letter while Harry was still waving his hands frantically, I yelled to him above the noise, "Harry, I got one!" I showed him the letter in my hand and we both sprinted for the cupboard.

"Give me that!" I heard our uncle yell after us. "Give me that letter!"

We made it to the door but what delayed us was trying to open the lock.

When I looked back, our gigantic uncle was already right behind me. He grabbed me by my waist as he tried to get the letter from my hand.

Harry, being the protective brother, forgot all about the lock and came to my rescue.

"Get off!" I yelled as I tried to escape from his firm grip. "They're our letters! Let go of me!"

"That's it!" our uncle said while trying to restrain me. "We're going away! Far away, where they can't find us!"

Harry tried to pry our uncle's big, fat arms from me as the house filled with the letters that we never got to read.

--------
Yow, yow, yow!!! How's your day? Mine sucks as usual. Had to stay in school for 12 whole hours, which is basically torture.
So, I updated. Which is good I guess, if these even get any reads. I already wrote this on my laptop a year ago and I just thought I'd like to share my fantasy since I have no one to share it to so I was just like Why not put it up on wattpad? It won't hurt, would it? So yeah... that's it for today I guess.
(I do not own Harry Potter. JK Rowling does.)
Peace out my fellow potterheads!!!