Chapter 14

"Hailey, wake up," someone said as the person keeps on shaking me.

I rolled onto my side and covered my face with my pillow.

"Hailey, come on," the person said as my pillow got snatched away from my head. "We'll be late for class!"

"Class?" I asked groggily.

"Our classes starts today, remember?" the person said as my covers was ripped away from me.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw a girl looking down at me.

"Hermione?" I said as I sat down.

I felt something move on my lap. I looked down at Sev all cuddled up.

"I told you not to stay up too late last night, didn't I?" Hermione continued. She was already dressed up in her uniform.

"Good morning to you too," I said sarcastically.

"Good morning," she replied with a smile. "Get dressed and get your books and we're off to breakfast. Hurry up or we'll be late."

"Okay," I said as I got of my bed and grabbed my uniform and went to the bathroom.

I had a quick shower and changed into my uniform. I combed my hair and brushed my teeth and exited the bathroom.

The other girls were getting ready while some were still sleeping.

I went to my bed and arranged it and folded my pj's.

As I was done arranging my bed, I found a piece of paper placed on my bedside table. I took it from the table and studied it.

It was a schedule.

I noticed that my first class is with Professor McGonagall.

I took the things I might need and Hermione and I went to get breakfast together.

After we bursted into the mess hall, we took a sit in the Gryffindor table and tried to eat as fast as we could.

"What's your first class?" Hermione asked.

"Transfiguration," I said as I put another spoonful of baked macaroni and cheese.

"Me too," Hermione said with a huge smile.

I took another bite of my food as I scanned around the hall to look for Harry.

"I wonder where Harry is," I said with concern.

"He'll be fine," Hermione said as she stood up. "Come on, we'll be late,"

I shoved the remaining mac and cheese into my mouth and hurried after Hermione.

We weaved through a series of hallway and we finally found our classroom.

Other first year students are also going inside the classroom.

"We need to find good seats," Hermione said as she grabbed my arm and took the lead.

She made it sound like were going inside a theater instead of a classroom.

As we got inside, I expected that Professor McGonagall will be there but instead, a cat sat on the podium in front.

Hermione sat down on a seat in the second row and pulled me on the seat next to her.

A few minutes after all the students have piled in, no Professor McGonagall has arrived yet.

As soon as the last student sat down, the cat in the podium jumped off. But before it could land on the floor, it transformed into Professor McGonagall.

"You're an Animagus," I blurted out. My eyes widened and I cursed myself for saying that out loud.

I sulked down in my seat to avoid the other students' stares.

I really hate attention.

I don't even know where that thought came from. I have never read anything about Animagi before. I don't even know what an Animagus is until Professor McGonagall transformed right in front of me.

"Yes, Ms. Potter," Professor McGonagall only smiled at me this time. Unlike last night when she looked surprised when I blurted out her name in front of everybody.

"Now," Professor McGonagall started, gaining everyone's attention, which I was really grateful for. "I'm Minerva McGonagall, but some of you may already know that." she looked at me as she said that, returning everyone's attention to me.

I take back what I said.

"You may call me Professor McGonagall," she said as the attention returned to her. "Now, before we start our class, I'd like all of you to answer these questions."

She turned around and waved her wand and writings appeared and floated in the air.

All the questions are all related to Transfiguration and somehow, I knew all of the answers.

As we all copied and tried to answer the questions, Professor McGonagall turned back into a cat and jumped in the podium.

After I was done answering, I leaned back at my seat and heaved a sigh. I looked around and saw the other students struggling to answer the questions.

I was about to help Hermione with the questions when the doors suddenly bursted open and none other than my brother dear and his faithful friend hurried inside the classroom.

The other students turned to look at them and some tried to hide their smiles.

"Made it!" Ron said as they slowed to a walk. "Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

Harry and Ron's gazes turned to me and I gave them a warning look which I hope says, shut your mouth!

Suddenly, the cat in the podium jumped off and transformed back into Professor McGonagall and stopped in front of Harry and Ron.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed while looks of shock was plastered into their faces.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley," McGonagall said as she looked at the two boys. "Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time,"

"We got lost," Harry said and Ron nodded in agreement.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats?" McGonagall said and she walked away.

Harry and Ron took their seats in the front row and took out their quills and parchment.

          Harry turned to look at me and I gave him a smile and waved.

          He smiled and waved back and he started to write down the questions.

----------------

Harry Potter does not belong to me. It belongs to J. K. Rowling. I only own Hailey and some future original characters in future chapters.