Chapter 13

After dinner, Percy led us to the dormitories where we'll be sleeping for the entire time we'll be staying at Hogwarts.

I still feel like throwing up after Nearly Headless Nick showed us what it is like to be 'nearly' headless.

The food was great, though. I have never tasted anything so wonderful in my entire life.

We followed Percy as he led all the first years to a series of staircases.

"This is the most direct path to the dormitories," Percy said as if he's a tour guide. "Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change."

As soon as after Percy said that last bit of information, some of the staircases moved just like Percy said.

"Keep up, please, and follow me," Percy said as he started to walk up the stairs. "Quickly now, come on, come on."

"Your brother sure is in a hurry," I said to Ron who was walking beside me.

"I know," Ron said as he smiled and looked at me.

I smiled back at him and hurried after Percy.

"Hailey, look," Harry grabbed my arm and pointed at the pictures hanging on the wall. The only problem is, the picture is moving.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," the old man in one of the pictures said.

They're not only moving but their also talking.

I'm liking this place more every second.

We climbed the stairs all over to the seventh floor and we bursted into an empty hallway.

The hallway was lit by lamps that are hanging on the walls. At the very end of the hallway, was a portrait of a fat lady in an old-fashioned dress.

Percy stopped in front of the painting and we halted just behind him.

Nobody spoke for a moment and only looked at the painting.

I watched in confusion and looked at my brother. He looked at me in uncertainty and shrugged.

"Password?" I looked back at the painting of the fat lady as she spoke.

Ron leaned in closer to me and whispered, "The fat lady guards the Gryffindor dormitory, or so Percy says,"

"Caput Draconis," Percy said confidently and the painting swung aside like a door and revealed a doorway.

"Follow me, everyone," Percy said as he went through the doorway. "Keep up. Quickly, come on."

We followed through the doorway and a giant living room greeted us.

Three chairs were huddled over a table where a chess board was sitting, as if waiting for someone to play it.

A couch was placed in front of the fireplace where a fire was crackling, making the room feel warm and comforting.

The red wallpaper only made the room feel warmer.

Paintings of people hung on the wall which smiled and waved at us as we got inside.

"Gather around here," Percy said to us as we kept on gawking around the place. "Welcome to the Gryffindor common room."

"Boys' dormitory is upstairs to the left," Percy said as he gestured to the stairs that leads to the dormitories. "Girls, the same on your right. You'll find all of your belongings have already been brought up. Now, get some sleep. Classes starts tomorrow."

"Come on, Harry. Let's go check our dorm," Ron said as he tugged on Harry's robes.

Everyone scattered and went up the stairs to their dormitories, while others stayed behind in the common room and snooped around to see if they're gonna find another secret passage, mainly Fred and George.