Chapter 20

"Up you get," McGonagall said as she led me to a circular staircase.

          My hand still cold and sweaty from my dream.

          McGonagall held my arm to assist me and helping me from falling due to my shaky knees.

          At the top of the stairs, a door that looks like it's made of pure gold stood with all its glory.

          As McGonagall and I neared the door, it opened and revealed a large room.

          I looked around and saw that the walls were filled with portraits.

          "Albus," McGonagall called out and a man stood up from the desk.

          McGonagall supported me and let me sit down on a couch that appeared out of nowhere.

          "What happened, Minerva?" Dumbledore asked as he kneeled in front of me and took my cold hand into his wrinkly ones.

          "She's remembering, Albus," McGonagall said with a worried tone.

          "Call Severus," Dumbledore said as he looked into my eyes.

          McGonagall hurried out of the room to do what she was told and left me alone with Dumbledore.

          A moment of silence passed as Dumbledore continued to look into my eyes.

          "What do you remember?" he asked as he sat down beside me.

          I hesitated in telling him about my dream but my gut's telling me to trust him and spill it out already.

          I took a deep breath and told him about my dream.

          I clasped my hands together the entire time to stop them from shaking.

          "Hmm," Dumbledore said as I finished telling him about my dream. "I'm afraid the spell I casted six years ago has finally worn off."

          "Spell?" I asked.

          Dumbledore stood up and paced in the room.

          "When you were five, you showed signs of having remembered the night your parents were killed," Dumbledore started.

          I watched him walk back and forth and listened to him intently.

          "Every night, you wake up from a nightmare saying a man in dark robes killed your parents," Dumbledore continued. "You would tell everybody that the man in the robes will kill you and your brother."

          "Just like..." I said but trailed off as I remembered what happened in the dormitories.

          "Yes," Dumbledore said in a low voice as he confirmed my thoughts. "Just like what happened a few moments ago."

          Dumbledore kept on pacing the room as he continued.

          "Every passing day, you would repeatedly whisper two words."

          "Avada Kedavra," I said as a memory surfaced.

          I remembered walking through the Dursleys' house. I remembered creeping them out when I kept saying those words.

          "The killing curse," Dumbledore stopped pacing and looked at me. "The curse that killed your parents... and gave you and your brother that scar."

          I touched my scar and flinched when I felt it burn under my touch. As if I only got it a few moments ago.

          "To relieve you of your trauma," Dumbledore continued as he sat down again beside me. "I went to the Dursleys' house one night to obliviate you."