🔪 self defense

"It was self defense"

I answered, rather quietly, while looking at my tapping fingers tapping against the table to calm down, it didn't help.

"Clive Koch, did he hurt you, did he hurt Alyssa?"

Alyssa.

"Yes, he tried to. Alyssa and I...

Alyssa and I ran away from home, went to eat and didn't pay, then crashed my dads car and it set fire, I got assaulted by this guy who took us to the gas station, note : we robbed the guy, then broke into a mans house, disrespected his property, he assaulted and nearly tried to rape Alyssa, while I stabbed him in his neck, to save her.

...we stayed at his house and he came back home, I stabbed him to save her. He could've hurt her, really hurt her, we have proof, have you seen the polaroids?"

"Polaroids?" The brunette one, the more calm and seemingly nice one, asked in confusion. "Why and how did you stay at his house?" The more angry looking, sassy talking one asked.

"There were polaroids around him, haven't you seen them? We wanted to prove that we killed him for a reason, he had polaroids of younger women, women who were abused and hurt, half naked and bruised harshly, he also filmed it." And with my statement, they both looked at eachother, rather shocked before they showed me the clip on the camera I've seen a few times now.

I could hardly look, I could never look, the thought of this could have happening to Alyssa disturbs me. And I saved her so it didn't, and now I'm here.

"Is this what you mean, what was on the polaroids aswell?"

"...yes."

Again, they stared in shock and wrote it down.

"Why did you still stay at his house?"

"We broke in, we know it's a crime aswell, and it really is, but we didn't have anywhere to stay. Alyssa's dad was faraway, and we were lost."

Again, they looked at eachother and sighed.

"What you did was...it wasn't wrong. Although you broke in and killed the owner of the house, the owner has done way too many and worse crimes." The brunette said with a soft smile. "...Eunice? What are you doing?" The other whispered, my eyes widening.
"Look, What they did was wrong but they're still kids, and they defended themselves and killed a guy who did way too many crimes. You've seen both their homes. It's not their fault they ended up here." And although they tried to sound quiet, they didn't. I got every single word heard.

"Go back to your cell, we'll talk to you later again." They said, before they led me back to my cell, and I saw her. Alyssa.

She was sleeping, so calmly, yet so scared. I wanted to, needed to, hold her. But I couldn't.

I was going to, somehow, though.