3 | 4

Watching my old child, same blood and flesh lay in my arms made me tear up. I was after all a very emotionless person, but when i watched her everything went away.

"I think one of the hardest things to cope with was that she looks so much like you." Alyssa spoke quietly from behind me. I turned to watch her, before looking back at the child who has sleeping in my arms. She was very fragile for a 3 year old.

"Alyssa, I'm so in love with you. I can't not be with you. I need you in my life." I spoke quickly before laying skylar back down, throwing my engagement ring on the floor. "I want you. I want to start over again. Please, I love you so much. We can get a better house for you and have a better life together. I can give you and skylar a better life." I spoke getting closer by every word, before we were only inches apart and she decided to kiss me, which got pretty intimate soon, and we decided not to do anything before the baby and took it to the bedroom.

***

I called ruby the next day to check in, and out of surprise, I found out she's been sleeping with one of my coworkers and admitted it to me. I tried to sound devastated, but we decided to still remain friends since I never liked the idea of hate.

I told this Alyssa on our coffee date during both our lunch breaks.  "You really don't have to work anymore when we're together. I've got the whole money." I said, but she still declined at the idea. "Come on, you need to be there for skylar. She needs you." I spoke, biting down my lip.

I would've asked her to marry me right then and there, but I knew that was a too quick move. I was looking for a new house though.