🔪baby we built this house of memories

3 years later, James's point of view

Working was an adult matter. I feel like every adult has an obsession with it, something they constantly need to gain money. Adults love money, I've learned that.

As an 21 year old now, I've learned that money buys happiness and shows you everything you can get.

I was living in my house with my beloved fiancée, ruby, who had been living with me for the past years.

You might as well think, whatever happened to Alyssa? Well, to summarize this up shortly, I was too young to commit, being a father, which was such an terrible move, I know. But I couldn't help but leave, although it was never my intention to.

After that, I've never heard of her at all anymore, which seemed like a good thing, until now...

"Love, have you got everything with you?" I was supposed to go to this business trip in New York.

Ruby helped me pack all my things and get ready, as we stood at the airport in front of the gate where my plane was taking off, she couldn't stop and kiss me every chance she got.

"I love you, James. So, so much. Take care, please." She whispered before turning away, sighing heavy as she waved at me and blew me some kisses.

The last time I really flew was three years ago, with Alyssa. I've traveled more with Alyssa than I ever have with ruby, but that didn't  matter, did it?

A few hours later, we finally arrived in New York, leading me to immediately take a shower right after we had arrived. The next day, Thursday November 4th, was an way too unexpected day. it was the day I've met someone that I haven't met in a long time.

It was pretty cold November nights in New York, but still lovely and fascinating. I had to go to this work dinner with a few of my coworkers/friends, which was honestly the most boring bullshit I've ever experienced, but I had to do it. For work.

"Hey, I'm Genevieve, and I'll be taking your orders today." As I looked up, I heard the voice so familiar and soft, yet aggressive. The face of an angel I've seen covered in blood before. Her long, blonde hair tied into a messy ponytail, but it still suited her. And I noticed that she recognized me at first sight as well in the most shocking way possible.

"Alyssa.." I whispered quietly, loud enough to let her here, but nobody else did. My mouth was shot wide open, my eyes wide and glossy, and the next thing she did was just run to the back, making me shoot up in my seat and follow her as fast as possible.

Authors note ;

Hey guys, I know this was really short, but I kinda wanted the chapter to end with a cliffhanger.

Anyways, I've heard about season 2 coming and I'm so excited! Finally they've confirmed it. Which hopefully means my babe James is alive lmao.

Hope you guys are having a wonderful summer, lots of love,

- S 🌻