3 | 4

we walked back to the car, I of course opened the door for her and helped her in.

Alyssa was being rather fragile and soft with me, which I didn't mind.

I started driving, it was dark, but the lights were shining.

"Are you mad at me?"

She asked in a tired, quiet voice.

"No, how could I ever?"

I felt her smile at me and then her soft lips on my cheek, and I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"James?"

"Yeah, Alyssa?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." It was nice saying that to someone, and then actually meaning it. It was nice to hear it from someone who was actually meaning it, too.

"And I love the fact that you don't reply with only 'okay' anymore, and that you actually talk now. I enjoy listening to your voice."

That made me laugh a bit, and smile even brighter.

She rest her head on my shoulder, and started sleeping.

I've never been really a fan of sleeping that much, so it was always okay for me to drive.

I do have a sense of regret inside of me, a lot actually is haunting in my veins, but I try and ignore that so Alyssa can be safe.

But I didn't keep her safe, opposite, I absolutely disappointed her, I left her alone, and that she killed someone was my fault. All mine.

I promised myself to not see human blood stained on my clothes anymore, but there it was, dripping on my jeans.