Chapter 25: Forgiveness

Lucy's POV

I stared in horror as my twin brother throw my mate across the training field as though he weighed nothing. When I heard the crack of Luke's spine breaking under the impact, I fell to the floor in pain and in sorrow.

How could he do that?

I let out a heart wrenching sob as I curled up on the ground, sobbing loudly over the lose of my mate, my other half. Melissa howled loudly. We both felt empty, hollow. We couldn't do anything.

And it was all Liam's fault.

I stopped sobbing and thought murderously, I'm going to kill that bastard I once called my brother.

I got to my feet and faced Liam, who was smirking at me.

"Oh what are you going to do?" He taunted as he took a daring step forward "Tangle a root around my ankle?"

I took a deep breath as I took a step forward too. The ground around us began to crack and crumble and it rose up into the air. A large chunk that Liam and I were standing on began to rise two, throwing him to his knees. He stared around bewildered at my blank face but my eyes said it all

You are one dead mother fucker

The temperature began to rise steadily. Beads of sweat appeared on my forehead as I let my emotions take control of my powers. Liam wiped his face with the back of his hand as he attempted to throw a spear of water on me.

It turned to vapour before it reached me. Liam tried conjuring enough water to keep the air breathable but it was too hot. He began to breath heavily as he dropped to his knees again, gasping for air.

I looked down on him with pure hatred as I took another step forward. He looked so innocent and young as I looked at him. As he met my gaze, I remembered all the good times we had, before my father died. Running around the pack house, playing with the other pups and most importantly our pacts.

We made one pact that I have never forgotten.

No matter what happens, we will never hurt each other

The earth around us fell. The air began to cool. Liam slowly rose to his feet.

"Why didn't you kill me?" He said as he looked me in the eye. I looked away from him and at Luke, who was laying, unmoving on the grass near by.

"Because we made a pact"

I walked slowly up to Luke's body and fell beside him. I laid my head on his chest and cried slowly. Liam kept his distance as Patrick, Johnny, Vanessa and the others came up to me and Luke. Two pack warriors grabbed Liam by the arms, restraining him.

Vanessa cried softly into Johnny's shoulder as he looked upon the body of his best friend with tears in his eyes. I opened my eyes and looked at Luke's perfectly sculpted face with its chiselled jawline and defined cheekbones. I rubbed his cheek with my hand and laid a kiss on his forehead.

I placed a hand on his chest again, right above his heart and felt the light thud thud of a heart beat.

"He's still alive" I whispered. I quickly got to my feet and yelled,

"Get the pack doctor! There's still time!"

People ran into the pack house to get the doctor as others helped Patrick and Johnny carefully pick Luke up and being him back to the house.

*
*
*
*
*
*

I quietly waited outside of Luke and I's bedroom as the doctor attended to his injuries. I have been in this room for hours and hours, despite the pleads from pack members and Vanessa to go outside or get something to eat.

As the bedroom doors open, I get to my feet. Doctor Richards walks out, tired and exhausted.

"How is he?"

Doctor Richards looked up into my face and gave me a small smile.

"He'll live, but Alpha will need a lot of rest. I'd give him time to heal but you may go inside if you want" He left without another word, leaving me alone in the room. I took a deep breath as I stepped inside Luke and I's bedroom and shut the door.

Luke was lying in the middle of the bed, wearing bandages on his arms and face. He had one bandage that spread across his whole stomach and back where he must if fallen and broken his spine. He hadn't hurt his spinal core, so he wouldn't be paralysed.

I sat on a chair beside his bed and stayed there, simply staring at him.

Hey guys! I know it's been a while but it's summer so I can update more! Yay!

QOTD: What's your favourite genre?

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

<3 Angel xxx