Chapter 6

"Thank you for serving Thunderclan, may Starclan grant you many moons of rest." Flowerstar meowed.

Sundrop was retiring to the elders den. Violetpaw was unaware of how old he was, but then again, he never knew him.

"Thank you, Flowerstar." The Tom bowed his head at his leader, grateful to have to have served her well.

Meows of congratulations and sadness was given to Sundrop.
Violetpaw knew the elders, Russetcreek and Adderflght, quite well, as she would often bring them fresh kill and listen to their stories.

Violetpaw could see Flowerstar talking with Cloudfur. Her green eyes glanced at Violetpaw, then back the white Tom in front of her.
Cloudfur turned and padded to snowfoot and blackmist, saying something to them.
Violetpaw's eyes scanned the camp, and her eyes landed on the medicine den, where Rosepool and Angelpaw sat. Violetpaw was curious for a moment, wondering why Angelpaw was sitting over there. Than, remembering one of their conversations, Angelpaw had said she would want to be a medicine cat. Violetpaw wondered if that was what they were talking about now.

"Violetpaw" snowfoot drug Violetpaw out of her thoughts.

"Can a warrior be a medicine cat?" The question fell out of Violetpaw's mouth.

Snowfoot was caught off guard by the random question.

"Yes, I believe so." Snowfoot meowed. "Why?"

"Just wondering.." Violetpaw shrugged. "Did you need something?"

Snowfoot nodded,

"Cloudfur wants us to go hunting" the white she-cat stated. "Blackmist and Thronpaw coming too"

"Okay" Violetpaw meowed, getting to her feet.

She could see Blackmist and Thornpaw waiting at the entrance.

"About time" Blackmist meowed impatiently.

Violetpaw pounced! Killing the mouse in a swift bite.

"Good job, Violetpaw!" Snowfoot praised.

Snowfoot's eyes glowed with pride for her apprentice. Violetpaw really was learning quickly, and Snowfoot, Ivysplash, and Shadepelt were very proud of her. And of course her littermates were doing just as great.

"Bury it there, we'll come back later." Snowfoot meowed.
Violetpaw did as told, and buried the small limp body. She trotted back to keep up with Blackmist and Thornpaw. As Violetpaw reached Snowfoot, the black and white she cat glanced at her.
"You don't want to be a medicine cat.. right?" Snowfoot mewed anxiously. Violetpaw's head whirled around to look at the she-cat as though she had grown another head.

"Of course not!"

"Well, you asked and it made me wonder." Snowfoot shrugged. "But thank Starclan you don't!" Violetpaw smiled.

They walked through the forest, looking and sniffing around.
Suddenly, Blackmist stopped dead in her tracks. She lifted her head, sniffing the air. The fur on her back stood up,

"Badgers!" She hissed.