Chapter 18

Violetpaw's fur bristled, and she held back her anger. Ripplepaw seemed to notice this,

"Is that.."

"Yeah."

"Who?" Lightpaw asked.

"A traitor." Violetpaw muttered.

Violetpaw could see Flowerstar staring directly at the Tom. Her eyes like green fire, her her tail swung side to side.

The leader of Windclan hopped up to where the other leaders sat. The four cats meowed something to each other, before the leader of Riverclan yowled, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Greetings!" He meowed. "I am Pinestar of Riverclan. I am proud to say we have two new warriors, and three new kits."

Yowls of happiness could be heard from riverclan.

Pinestar turned, and sat back down next to Flowerstar.

A cinder colored she-cat stood and padded forward.

"I'm Ashstar of Shadowclan." She meowed. "Shadowclan is growing, we have three new apprentices, and four new kits."

Once again, yowls of happiness was heard, but this time by Shadowclan.

Ashstar nodded to the Windclan leader, and he stepped forward as Ashestar sat back down.

"I am Mudstar." His meow was loud "Of the powerful Windclan! We are growing stronger, and we have three new warriors, an-"

"To destroy us!" Flowerstar yowled loudly. She was on her paws, her tail swung angrily "Do you think I have forgotten what you did last time?"

It was clear the Windclan leader was keeping in his anger, and Flowerstar was letting her's out.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what we mean!" Blackmist spat. "Your warriors raided our camp!"

"And killed Russetcreek!" Violetpaw had spoken now.

Shocked gasps spread around the cats, and Flowerstar still held Mudstar's glare.

"You broke the truce." Flowerstar growled.

"We broke nothing!" A Windclan warrior yowled.

Anger rose up in Violetpaw,

"Then how do you explain Russetcreek's death?"

"She was old. The mouse-brain probably ran into a fox or something."

Violetpaw rose to her paw angrily, ready to attack. But it was not Violetpaw who pounced, it was Flowerstar.