Chapter 8

Blackmist quickly grabbed snowfoot by her scruff, and bolted to camp. Violetpaw on her heels, praying to Starclan that the blood that covered snowfoot's body, wasn't all her's.
Violetpaw had known snowfoot basically all her life, and the thought of her not being with her was terrific to the young she-cat.
Violetpaw was so lost in thought and horror, she didn't even realize they were already back.

"Rosepool!" Violetpaw shouted, noticing her speaking to Russetcreek, one of the elders.

She turned her head, and her eyes widened. She turned her head to Angelpaw, who was sitting beside her, and meowed urgently to her. Angelpaw nodded and darted to the medicine den, as Rosepool rushed over to Snowfoot.
Angelpaw returned with many herbs in her mouth, and placed them down.

The commotion was enough or Flowerstar to emerge from her den. She too, rushed over to the scene.

"What happened?" She asked, seemingly calm.

"Badgers!" Violetpaw meowed frighteningly.

"Flowerstar, help me get her to the medicine den," she then turned to Angelpaw "and Angelpaw, tend to their wounds, you know how."

And with that the two she-cats left to the medicine den.
Angelpaw turned to Violetpaw, and began to tend to the wounds.

"Wow.. it hit you hard.." she mumbled to herself.

"So.. you're going for sure going to be a medicine cat?" Violetpaw asked.

Angelpaw stopped what she was doing for a moment, but then went back to cleaning and fixing the wounds.

"If Rosepool excepts it.." she mumbled, concentrating on what she was doing.

"Ow!" Violetpaw squeaked.

"Sit still!" Angelpaw snapped. "Kits do better than you!"

Violetpaw rolled her eyes.

"There, you're done." Angelpaw meowed.

She then turned to Balckmist, and padded to her.

Violetpaw saw Flowerstar emerge from the medicine den, her fiery green eyes scanning the camp, until they landed on Violetpaw. Flowerstar padded to her,

"Come" she meowed with a flick of her tail.

Violetpaw lifted her self to her paws, and padded after her leader.
Both she-cats pushed past the lichen that blocked the eyes from outside the den. Flowerstar turned, and say down, curling her tail neatly around her paws.

"I-Is she okay..?" Violetpaw asked, sitting down too.

Flowerstar stayed silent for a moment,

"We don't know yet, the wounds did damage her badly though. Rosepool said we may not be able to tell until tomorrow." Flowerstar meowed at last.  "But, I need to know what happened. And where you saw the badgers."

Violetpaw explained where they first smelled the badgers, how Riverclan showed up, and when snowfoot left to warn the clan.
Flowerstar stayed silent through the story, nodding every once in awhile, only at the end did she speak.

"I see, I'll send patrols out to check for the badgers." She meowed. "And when Rosepool says it's okay, go and visit snowfoot."

Flowerstar eyes flashed with sympathy. Snowfoot had been Flowerstar's apprentice, and although the leader seemed unfazed, she was terrified.

Violetpaw dipped her head, and turned,

"Oh, and Violetpaw, could you do me a favor?" Flowerstar meowed.

Violetpaw nodded,

"Could you send Stormwhisker and Shadepelt in?" Flowerstar asked.

Violetpaw nodded, and padded out of the den. As she walked out, she could see Angelpaw tending to BrokenSoul's wounds.
As she neared she could hear the hisses of pain coming from the dark tabby she-cat.

"Stop wiggling!" Angelpaw snapped "you'll only make it hurt worse!"

"I can take it from here." Rosepool meowed.

Angelpaw stopped, and nodded.

"Have you seen Stormwhisker and Shadepelt?" Violetpaw asked.

"Shadepelt is with Ivysplash at the Fresh kill pile, and Stormwhisker is eating with Silverstipe." Brokensoul answered.

"Thanks" Violetpaw meowed, turning and making her way to the Fresh kill pile.

Violetpaw saw her mother and father sitting, and eating. Talking about their day most likely.

"Flowerstar would like to see you." Violetpaw meowed to Shadepelt as she neared the two.

Shadepelt nodded,

"Are you okay? Ivysplash told me what happened!"

"Yes, I'm fine" she replied.

"May all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather for a clan meeting!" Flowerstar's strong yowl could be heard.

Cats began to gather around the high rock,

"As you know, snowfoot is badly injured, but is recovering. And because she is unable to perform her warrior duties, along with her mentor duties" Flowerstar shot Violetpaw a sympathetic glance. "Brokensoul will take over Violetpaw's training."

Murmurs broke out at the mention of 'Brokensoul'. But the tabby she-cat didn't seemed fazed at all.

"And, Rosepool would like to announce something" Flowerstar meowed, making the gathered cats go silent.

Rosepool stepped forward, and turned to face the cats.

"Cats of Thunderclan, as you know, I'm getting old, and won't be around forever. So I've decided to take on an apprentice. I've chosen a cat who is eager, but calm and determined. Your next medicine cat will be Angelpaw." Rosepool flicked her tail, and Angelpaw stepped forward, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Angelpaw, do you accept the post of apprentice to Rosepool?" Flowerstar asked the white she-cat.

"I do!" Angelpaw was having a hard time containing her joy.

"Then at next half moon, you must travel to the Moonstone, to be accepted by Starclan before the other medicine cats." Rosepool meowed.

"The good wishes of all Thunderclan will go with you."

Rosepool stepped forward, and touched noses with her new apprentice. The clan yowled her name, even if she was a apprentice before.
BrambleFoot stepped up and touched noses with her former apprentice.

Angelpaw seemed to hop to Violetpaw.

"I'm going to be a medicine cat!" She meowed happily.

"I'm so happy for you!" Violetpaw meowed.

Violetpaw suddenly realized something,

"But.. you won't be able to ever have kits.." Violetpaw meowed.

"It's okay, Rosepool says that it'll feel like the whole clan is my kits!"

"Angelpaw!" Violetpaw turned to see specklepaw running towards her sister.

"I heard you're a medicine cat now!" She nuzzled her sister "or, at least you're going to be"

Moonpaw and Thornpaw padded up after to congratulate their friend.

(Unedited!💕)