Chapter Six

Chapter Six~

“Where the hell are you?” She snapped when he picked up the phone. It was Sunday afternoon and Paige was ready for answers. She knew that none of her new friends would tell her the full story and, despite all promises to herself and others, she had turned to the only person she trusted to give her an actual answer. Charles.

“Easy princess, I'm almost there,” he replied. Paige grit her teeth, letting out a silent hiss.

“Fine.” She hung up the phone and went back to staring at the broken little park she was hiding at. No one ever went there, making it the perfect place to meet up with someone she didn't want to be seen with.

True to his word, he appeared a few minutes later. He joined her on the swings, watching leaves tumble across overgrown sidewalks. “So, I'm guessing little miss Moore didn't give you the kind of answers you wanted?” He guessed after a moment.

“She didn't tell me, no. So go ahead, explain what's so bad about her that she had to change schools and no one talks about it.” She started to swing back and forth, tips of her toes trailing across the ground lightly. He mirrored her movements, feet dragging more due to his taller height.

“Oh my lovely little red... So innocent, you think she's a good person don't you? Well, here's the truth. Mummy's an alcoholic, daddy's dead. And our little Haven is anything but a safe place. And when mummy snapped our little friend was there with a butcher's knife, ready to defend herself.” Charles gave Paige a twisted smile. “I hear they never got all the blood out of the carpet.”

A sense of dread crept over Paige. The image of a bloody Haven clutching a knife, standing over the body of her alcoholic mother made her feel sick. As if noticing the sickened look on the brunette's face, Charles scooped her up gently and carried her to a bench, sitting her on his lap.

“Oh god...” Paige trailed off, too terrified to try to move away. “Oh my god.” She closed her eyes and tried to block out the images that came to mind. "One more question, what exactly did you do? She didn't tell me that either.”

The dark haired boy smirked again, holding her around the waist tight enough to keep her from escaping, not that she wanted to. “Me? Oh my darling little red, I took what I wanted. Just like I will from you, when the time is right.” The words formed a promise that sent shivers down Paige's spine in the most unpleasant way.

“Why go you call me that?” She whispered, curling up against his chest. She was shaking like a leaf, bloody thoughts lingering in her mind.

“Because. You're little red riding hood, wandering into the forest and I'm the big bad wolf ready to take a bite. You left your little bubble of safety and now you're mine.”

“I'm not yours,” she protested with cold eyes and a small frown. “And I never, ever will be.”

He laughed harshly. “Don't be so sure Paige Ryan. You made a mistake, asking me for help. Because now I'm here and we're all alone. I could do anything I wanted to you and who would believe you? But I won't, not yet. I want you to beg me for it.”

“Good luck getting that to happen,” she spat in his face, eyes glittering with malice. “I will never ever let you touch me. I will never beg you for anything. And if you try to hurt me I will hurt you twice as badly.”

Charles grinned, looking as if he was about to take a bite out of her. “Oh my little red... You don't understand. I'll worm my way into your mind, twist you until those pretty little lips are singing a different tune. I'll make you need me like you need air, I'll break you only to fix you in my way. And you'll love every minute of it.”

“You are... you're so, so wrong. I don't ever do that. I'm not some bimbo you can easily manipulate, I'm not some whore who would jump at the chance to sleep with you. I'm going to hate you more than anything else, because you are the worst sort of person.” She gave him a blinding smile. “And at the end of the story the wolf is dead.”

Charles laughed, pushing her shirt up slightly. “So high and mighty little red. Are you sure that those words are true? Because I think you're lying to me. You like this, don't you. You like being wanted, being lusted after. I can promise I'll never love you but I will make you love what I do to you, even if you hate me.”

“I don't want this,” her voice was like acid as she spoke. “You think you're so high and mighty, don't you? Giving girls meaningless words and one night and then leaving. I don't care what Haven dd, at least she never hurt innocent people. The same can't be said for you.”

“Feisty,” he let his hands wander, “I like that. But never doubt, you'll be screaming for me by the end of this. And you know what? I'll love it more than anything, just for this. I'll enjoy making you go back on all your pretty morals.”

Paige just sighed. “Let me go, Charles.” She didn't argue her point, knowing it was worth than pointless. He wouldn't believe her and she didn't care. He wasn't worth her time. He gave her answers, now he was no longer useful to her.

“Give me a miss and I'll let you go,” Charles bargained. Knowing he wouldn't back down, Paige shifted in his lap and kissed the boy gently. He captured her lip between his teeth and bi down lightly before showing his tongue into her mouth. She pulled away in disgust. “That was nice. We should do it again,” he decided as he let her go.

The outcast brunette left without another word, rage glowing in her chest.