Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten~

“Charles told you, didn't he?” Haven guessed the next day as she walked home with Paige. It was Friday again and they were planning on going to a concert at Entropy. Dean was busy, working at his part-time job at the vet's, otherwise he would have been with them. Paige guessed that was why the purple-haired girl was bringing that subject up.

“He did,” the brunette admitted. “I'm sorry, it wasn't any of my business but-”

“You had to know what could be so bad,” Haven finished. “I know and I expected you to find out, eventually. Charles would be the one to tell you, of course. The real question is, what did he ask in return?”

“He didn't ask for anything, really. He just... I think he wanted me to leave you guys and go running to him. Which didn't work, by the way. Knowing doesn't change anything.” Haven smiled sadly and grabbed Paige's hand.

“Thank you, you're a good person Paige.” Before Paige could say anything, Haven pulled her into a hug. “Out of curiosity, what did he tell you?”

Paige recounted the grim story Charles had told her as they walked back to her house. She finished as they were hopping up the steps. Haven just sighed, not saying a word until they were stretched out in Paige's room. “That's actually pretty accurate. Except dear old Daddy didn't die. He ditched out on Mummy because yours truly wasn't a boy like he wanted. Got killed in a drunk driving accident a couple years later. I live with my aunt now.”

“oh,” Paige mumbled softly. “I'm... well that's crappy and I'm sorry that happened to you.”

“It's cool, can't change it and I'm happy as is. 'Sides my aunt is pretty cool, doesn't really care what I do. Long as my grades aren't too bad I'm allowed to do whatever.” Haven stretched back across Paige's bed. “Anyways, let's see how slutty we can make you look without overdoing it. Charles is pissing me off.”

“What does Charles have anything to do with anything?” Paige wondered, flopping back next to her friend.

“See, our crazy little friend is quickly becoming infatuated with you. I know you can take care of yourself, so I figure we should show off just what he can't have. I mean if you're cool with this of course. You're a pretty chick, you can pull it off.”

“I don't have clothing for tha- You brought clothing in your bag didn't you?” Haven nodded guiltily, causing Paige to just sigh. “Alrighty, then, do what you will...”

An hour later, Paige regretted letting Haven within ten feet of her. Mainly because she looked at least halfway like a whore. Haven had forced her into a tight, short, red miniskirt and a black lacy bandeau top. Her feet were encased in death traps in the form of heeled boots that she could barely walk in. Only after several minutes of begging did Haven agree to let Paige wear a jacket until they got inside at least. But that wasn't even the worst of it, in Paige's opinion.

Following a too-hot shower Haven had made her take with the argument “we're both chicks and I don't like you anyways” and being forced into the slutty clothing, Haven made the brunette sit perfectly still. Half an hour later, her hair was perfectly dried, curled and pinned into an elaborate updo. Her eyelids were covered in sparkly red shadow, eyes lined in thick black and eyelashes coated in too much mascara. To top it off, Haven had coated her lips in matte red lipstick and threatened her with death.

“I look like a prostitute,” Paige complained when Haven was done. The other girl glared playfully.

“No you don't, hush up.” Haven waved a hand dismissively.

“I'm not wearing a bra and my makeup makes me look like a whore.”

“Watch it, my aunt Jessie wears her makeup like this for work every day.” Seeing the look on Paige's face, Haven laughed. “My aunt Jessie is a stripper.”

Twenty minutes later they were walking into the concert part of Entropy. Haven, who was dressed in jeans and sensible shoes, took Paige's jacket and pushed her towards Charles, who was talking to Dean. Due to her heels, Paige lost her balance and fell, throwing her arms out. Charles caught her, pulling her close to his body on reflex.

“Hi there Little Red... I think I like you like this. In my arms and wearing barely anything. Think we can make this a regular thing, love?”

“I don't think so,” Paige bit out. “See here's the thing. I'm not little red riding hood, I'm not a weak little girl you can take advantage of. I'll bite you before you have the chance.”

Charles just smirked, pulling Paige closer. “We've been through this and yet you're still falling into my arms. One might think you like this.”

“Oh god, can you get over yourself for three seconds. Plot twist, I'm not interested in assholes like you.” Haven smirked to herself as she watched Paige rip away from Charles, stepping on his foot as she did so.

“Oh she's good,” the satanist whispered to herself, grinned manically as she did so.

“Assholes like me? You're breaking my heart sweetie. I mean I guess it's for the best. I don't waste my time on whores like you.”

“Really now? Then tell me this, why were you fooling around with Ashlee? Because if STD's were Pokemon.. well, she's gotta catch em all.”

“Paige,” Dean's voice stopped Charles from replying, “do you have a belly button piercing? And what are you wearing?”

Haven started giggling to herself, doubling over and grabbing her stomach. Dean looked confused and more than a little worried. Paige started giggling too, making a couple people turn to see what was so amusing. The confusion on Dean's face was replaced with realization and more than a hint of dread.

“Oh. Dear god Haven, what are you planning?”