Chapter 10

T R E M A I N E

   I walked into wifey's house, coming from work

   I walked into wifey's house, coming from work. Ava was at school and I knew in a little while we would have to go get her. Then I promised her we go get a outfit for Donuts for Dads today.

  I walked upstairs and I heard Malay talking, but I think she was speaking in spanish.

"Hola Papí," she said. I stopped and eavesdrop.

"¿Cómo se enteró de eso?"

"No puedo simplemente irme papí," she sighed.

"Who tha fuck are you callin papí?" I walked into the room.

"Todavía no tengo tu respuesta, pero te llamo más tarde, papá."

"Don't stop on my watch." I turned around and walked out. She didn't come after me nor did she yelled. Fuck her.

M A L A Y

"Hi boo," I covered Ava in kisses. She giggled.

"Hi mommy. Where Tre? We post to go shopping."

"Want to call him?" She nodded.

   I called him and it went to straight to voicemail. I sighed. I have very little energy and for it to be wasted on arguing is pointless.

"Baby he at work. We call him later, k?"

"O ta. We watch spongebob when we get home?"

"Sure boo. You want chicken or a burger?"

"Can you cook? I wuv wen you cook."

I smiled," you got it boo."

FRIDAY- (day of Donuts for Day)

"Wake up Ava." I shook her.

"Is Tre here?" She sat up rubbing her eyes.

"No baby, but I'll take you if you want babe."

"No! I already told my friends I'll bring my dad. I the only one wit out a dad." She cried and folded her arms.

"I'm sorry Ava-"

"Hi MiMi." I turned and seen Trey.

"Tre!," she got up and ran to him. "I thought you won't come." She hugged him. He picked her up.

"I wouldn't do that lil ma. Now go brush your teeth cuz you need it." He held his nose and scrunched his face up.

She giggled," o ta." She wiggled down and took off. I turned and go her outfit out.

"Oh.. You don't need to do that I bought her a outfit."

"Oh ok. Thanks," I started putting her stuff back up.

 Thanks," I started putting her stuff back up

"Awww you look cute boo

"Awww you look cute boo. Did you tell Trey thank you?"

"Tank chu Tre."

He smiled a little. "No problem MiMi."

"Ava go get your jean jacket babe."

"Ok mommy." She ran up the stairs. "Walk!"

--------

"Bye baby!" I stood in the drive way seeing Ava off. I was happy that Trey was gone. The air was really awkward.

  I at the moment, is stressed as fuck. I really ready to go out. I texted Daya earlier and my plans were in motion. I call him.

"Cuando vienes, papí"

"En camino"

"Esta bien, te veo luego"

---------

I heard the door bell ring. I put my robe on and ran down the stairs. I opened the door and Trey stood there with a sleeping Ava on his shoulder.

  I grabbed her quickly and thanked him and I was finna close the door, but he put his foot in the door.

"You forgeting som?" He held up her bookbag.

"Yea...thank you...bye." I closed the door.

T R E M A I N E

   I got in my car, but for some reason I didn't pull off. I seen someone pull up in her driveway. It was a tall nigga in a hoodie. I sped off. Fuck dat bitch!

  I picked my phone.

"Ayo Luke"

"Wassup Trey."

"You tryin hit da club?"

"Ight. Hit me when ya ready."

"Ight."