ten

It has been almost an entire week since Ben's banishment and you finally were allowed to go sleep in your bedroom. It had been lonely not being able to see Newt as much as you could. He'd slip in for about half an hour a day before he had to go back to work. Thankfully, the other gladers did come and see how you were, even though you felt embarrassed. Frypan even bought you a speical muffin, which almost never happens.

Jeff helped you to your feet and handed you a bottle of painkillers since your head was still fragile and hurt by any sudden movement. You thanked Jeff for everything he has done and you slowly made your way back to your bedroom.

The past few nights you have been having nightmares about Ben. Each one was different and every night they got scarier. You were too afraid to sleep so most of the time you just stared at the ceiling. You had wished Newt was there to comfort you but at the same time, you were too embarrassed to tell him about the nightmares.

You arrived at your bedroom and opened the door slowly, Newt wouldn't be back for a few hours so you pulled out a make-shift notebook and started to just draw different types flowers on the yellow pages. You hadn't noticed but you had started to write 'It was my fault' all over the flowers. You stared at the paper in disbelief that you had just written that absentmindedly. A shaky sigh escaped your lips and you shoved the paper under the bed. Just as you were about to lay your head down, Newt opened the door and stepping in.

When he laid his eyes on you, he flashed a goofy grin and you smiled back at your beautiful boyfriend.

"Y/N!" He breathed, limping as fast as he could over to you.

"Hello, Newtie," you smiled as you watched his grin grow wider at the nickname that you had adopted for him.

Newt pulled off his boots and took off his dark orange tank top. You still were wearing his white sweater around your waist. Newt climbed into the bed next to you and wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close to his body, careful not to hurt your head. For the first time since Ben had been banished, you felt truly at home. You snuggled the good side of your head into his chest and rest your arm over his toned stomach.

"I'm glad you're okay," he whispered into your hair.

"I'm sorry I worried you Newt. I'm sorry for acting crazy. He was just- Ben was my best friend and he was the first to talk to me when I got here. He's the reason you and I got together too," you whispered as you traced his chest again. It comforted him when you did that and you loved doing it too.

"I know, I know," he whispered and stroked my hair, knowing that it comforts me.

"I need to tell you something," you whispered after a few minutes of silence.

Newt didn't reply so you cocked your head to see Newt's face buried in your hair, asleep. You smiled slighlty and kissed his chest and fell into a deep sleep.