Her

Her eyes, her smile, her humor, her laugh. I could go on and on about the things I absolutely love about her.

Her intelligence, her cute snoring, her terrible cooking, her beauty, her kindness.

God, how much I love her.

I love her more than anyone could ever imagine. My heart aches for her, my body gets weak when I'm around her, my life would be nothing without her.

These are all the thoughts going through my mind as I watch her walk down the aisle.

She is all I could ever dream of. She is all I ever wanted, and more.

"You look so.. beautiful", I say as she steps in front of me. She smiles at me. That beautiful smile.. God, how much I love her smile. She takes my breath away.

I can tell she is nervous. Her palms are sweaty, but cold. Her jaw is clenched so tight, it must hurt. But she is beautiful, and she knows it.

I squeeze her hand, to let her know there's no need to be nervous. To let her know I was going to love her forever, and to let her know I was never going to leave her. Not for a million bucks. She is priceless, and my love for her is priceless.

People around us are watching, smiling and crying. All the people I love, all the people she loves, are with us in this one room. Some people that I haven't seen in years, are here. Some people that I never knew they existed, are here. And of course my close family, and hers.

I look behind me. My two best friends and my best man are standing there. Yes, a best man. Who says women aren't allowed to have a best man?

They all smile at me. My very best friend, sheds a tear. I smile back at them, and let them know this is the happiest I could ever be.

The ceremony starts, and the priest starts talking.

"Today is a celebration. A celebration of love, of commitment, of friendship, of family, and of two people who are in it for forever.

Despite all our differences, love is what we all share. It's the great unifier, our one universal truth. That no matter who we are, where we come from, what we believe, we know this one thing: love is what we're doing right. That's why you are both standing here. That's why you are all here to watch them stand up here. We have all loved in our lifetimes, and in this moment, we're reminded that the ability to love is the very best part of our humanity.

All of us here today have our own love stories. Some are short, others are long. Some are yet unwritten, while others are just getting to the good part. These are chapters in all of our lives that are sad or disappointing, and others that are full of adventure.

And that brings them here. A time to pause, look back and smile at all the moments that brought them here. And a time to look ahead at all the moments that are still to come.

Even though we describe love in different ways, and even though love can look different from one person to the next, we all know it when we see it. And we see it here."

I take a deep breath, knowing I am going to be able to call her my wife in a matter of minutes.

"You're about to make promises to each other, that you intend to keep. You're going to vow to take care of each other, to stand up for one another, and find happiness in the other.

Will you, Megan Jones, keep Monica Brown as your favorite person, to laugh with her, go on adventures with her, support her through life's tough moments, be proud of her, grow old with her, and find new reasons to love her every day?"

"I do", I say smiling.

"Will you, Monica Brown, keep Megan Jones as your favorite person, to laugh with her, go on adventures with her, support her through life's tough moments, be proud of her, grow old with her, and find new reasons to love her every day?"

She stays quiet.

I squeeze her hand, letting her know she needs to answer.

She looks up at me and shakes her head.

"I'm sorry."

She lets go of my hands and runs off.

There she goes, the woman I have loved for years. The woman I thought I was going to marry.

Her eyes, her smile, her humor, her laugh. I could go on and on about the things I absolutely love about her.

Her intelligence, her cute snoring, her terrible cooking, her beauty, her kindness.

God, how much I loved her.