Girls

"God does not approve this.. this nonsense!", my dad yelled. His hand hit face, causing me to trip over my own leg. "Ben..", my mom said trying to calm him down. "Kristen, back off. I'm serious."

He stepped into my room and pulled Carly out of my room. "Shannon!", she yelled. "I'm sorry.." A few tears rolled down my face. My dad took her downstairs as I followed them, holding Carly's clothes. "Shannon, just try and don't make it any worse", my mom said. "Mom, I can't let her get out the house without wearing anything." She sighed and nodded. I walked down the stairs.

"Carly I-", I tried. I saw my dad keeping a firm grip on her arm, and Carly was trying to get away. "Dad! You're hurting her!" He looked at me and frowned. "Shannon, haven't you sinned enough?!" I walked up to him and tried to loosen his grip on Carly's arm.

"Here. I'm sorry..", I said as I gave her her clothes. And with that, she ran out.

"Thanks", I said before going back upstairs. I heard my dad following me but he stopped after a few steps, and went back down.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. I wanted to-" She cut me off. "It's okay honey. You're my daughter, I support you no matter what", she said. I smiled and hugged her. "You're the best. What about dad?" "Your father needs some time. I'll try and talk to him", she said. I nodded. "Thank you." I gave her another hug and went back inside my room.

I crawled into bed and laid on the side Carly was laying on just ten minutes ago. I sighed and reached for my phone on the nightstand.

"I hope this all didn't scare you off.. I'd understand if it did tho.. Call me?", I texted.

I waited for a call or just a text, but nothing came.

-

I woke up by small taps on my window. I got out of bed and looked out the window, only to find Carly standing there, throwing rocks.

"What are you doing?", I asked when I opened my window. "I wanted to see you, of course!" I smiled. "I thought I scared you off", I said. She shook her head. "Not a chance. Now come down or I'll start yelling." "Not if you want my dad to come out there", I said. "Wanna bet?" She took a deep breath and opened her mouth. "Okay okay!", I said laughing. "Give me a minute." She smiled.

I threw on some clothes and quietly opened my bedroom door. My parents were both asleep, and my brother was probably out. I tiptoed down the stairs and headed outside.

"Hey gorgeous", she said. I smiled. "Hey you." She pecked me on the lips. "Today kinda sucked, huh?", she asked as we walked towards the park. "Yeah. I'm really sorry.." She stopped and looked at me. "Stop saying sorry." "I'm sorry", I said. "Stop it." "I'm-" She covered my mouth. I just nodded.

"Your dad is just an asshole. I'm not gonna stop seeing you, no matter how much he hurts me or threatens me", she said. "You're not?" She shook her head. "I'm totally falling for you, and I'm not planning on stopping that anytime soon." I smiled and intertwined our fingers. "We won't be able to hang at my place for a while tho", I said. "I know that. We're lucky I'm rich and my mom's never home." I chuckled. "Lucky us."

We walked around the park for a little while, just enjoying each others company.

"I should get you back", she said. "I don't wanna go back yet", I said pouting. "Your dad is gonna kill me for the second time if he finds out you're with me." I shook my head. "He won't, trust me. He seems like a tough guy but he can't hurt anyone. It's just not him." "I'll have to trust you on that", she said. I smiled and kissed her.

We walked back to my house.

I unlocked the front door and pecked Carly on the lips.

"When will I see you again?", I asked. "Whenever you want", she said smiling. I nodded. "Tomorrow then." She smiled back at me. "Sounds great."

I looked at her for a few more seconds and then opened the front door, ready to step inside.

"I knew it", I heard. I turned on the lights and saw my dad, standing in the doorway.

"I'm sorry, I-", I tried.

"It's okay. I'll take care of it", my dad said.

"What do you mean?", I asked. He took a step forward and sighed.

"What are you doing?!", I yelled. I tried to push him aside but he blocked me, causing me to fall to the ground.

"No! Dad!", I yelled.

I looked at Carly, and back at my dad.

There was a loud bang.