viii. AINT GONNA CHANGE

MARTY R

MARTY R.—

johnny and ponyboy have only been gone for four days. by this time next week we'd be heading to windrixville to get the pair. dallas has been pulled to the station, telling the fuzz that he believed they might've went to texas. he'd been sleeping on my couch, occasionally trying to sneak into my bed.

"dallas, what the hell?"

"what, martini?"

"get the hell out of my bed." i grumbled, i only slept in a shirt and underwear.

"c'mon, you really want me to leave?" his voice sounded like smooth liquor, too bad i was very sober.

"yes, i really do." i faces him.

"really?" dallas smirked.

"yes, get out. talk to me when i'm intoxicated and my standards have dropped." i roll my eyes.

dallas finally left me alone, my body sprawled our further. the comfort of the mattress began to put me to sleep when a knock rung against the door.

"for fucks sake!" i groaned, tossing the blanket off of me.

all i wanted was some damn sleep. i stomped down the steps, dallas smirked at the sight of my bare legs. the sly grin grew when i flipped him the bird.

i pulled the door open to see two-bit, steve, and sodapop.

"do you ever wear clothes?" two-bit grinned.

"what do you goons want?" an exasperated sigh fell from my lips as i rubbed the sleep off of my eyes.

"i'm goin' to texas, to find pony and johnny." two-bit walked in, sodapop shuffling in next to steve.

my heart broke for sodapop, the life looked like it was sucked out of him. bags fell under his bright blue eyes, those eyes looked so lively just last week. they were a little bloodshot, i wanted to tell him where ponyboy was.

"no, two. you ain't going." dallas rolled his eyes.

"why not, dal?" the ginger had an incredulous look on his face.

"because, the police are gonna notice and follow you."

i walked away from the conversation, grabbing a beer from the fridge. i can't wait till friday. racing is the best stress reliever, it always has been for me. even just watching others race is a rush.

"hey, is there any bigger cities with street racing?" i interrupt.

"oklahoma city, baby!" two-bit laughed loudly.

"anyone wanna go tonight?" i ask before drinking from the bottle.

the redheaded greaser snatched the alcohol from my hand before nodding.

"i'm out, not feeling for a party." sodapop spoke softly.

"i'm out too, i have a date." steve added.

the three boys left pretty soon after, two was screaming the kiddish chant.

"stevie and evie sitting in a tree k-i-s-s... i-n-g!"

he really almost spelling kissing wrong.

i grinned as they walked out, frowning when my eyes met sodapop's. he looked straight through me, i just couldn't shake the feeling that he knew i was taking part in hiding the two younger greasers. the door closed and dal spoke up.

"you should really stop your feelings for soda, man. he's got a broad." dallas shrugged, pulling a cigarette out of his pack.

"jesus, not this again. what happened to mr. i don't care about anyone or anything?" i crossed my arms.

"i'm just telling you, soda ain't the one you want." he replied, brushing my comment off.

"for one, i don't want to be with sodapop. i feel bad, i'm hiding his fuckin' kid brother! how can you not empathize that? well, considering you're supposedly cold stone i guess i can understand you not givin' a shit about your dear friend soda." i snapped.

"why do you think i got 'em outta town? don't be a stupid broad, you're better than that. i care about my friends and not one person can deny that." his voice got louder, an unlit cigarette hung from his lips.

"you sure got a funny way of showing people appreciation, dal. got us all real fooled, you know." i scoff.

"what's that supposed to mean?" dallas stood in front of me, his cold glare focused on me.

"it means to learn how to fucking care like a human being. i've went through shit too, you don't see me out here acting like i'm jack fucking frost and no one can be close to me because i have trust issues." my voice never wavered, his eyes didn't scare me. dallas winston didn't scare me.

i was done with the argument, turning around to go take a shower before driving. dal's hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me back to face him. the cigarette was now placed behind his ear as his lips smashed against mine. of course, i enjoyed the moment. i'm not sold on him. i pulled away fairly quickly.

"kiss me all you want, ain't gonna change a thing."

so this is short & a filler sorry
i wanted a chapter just for the big street race
next chapter will have vv sexual
situations. don't say i didn't
warn you lmao
i lowkey feel weird writing
smut because i've made friends
on here & idk it's jus uncomfortable??
but then becca's just like
"yES BITCH WRITE SMUT"
so then i don't feel so awkward lol
but i have sm love for marty
PUT 👏🏻 HIM 👏🏻 IN 👏🏻 HIS 👏🏻 PLACE 👏🏻

as always,
vroom vroom.