xii. ROARIN'

MARTY R

MARTY R.—

my back healed over the next twenty-four hours or so. it was finally friday, bliss had come at last. dallas definitely had grown on me, spending so much time with him it was bound to happen. i knew him like the back of my hand now, his quirks, the type of cigarettes he smokes, almost everything was now shared between us.

"oh, martini!" dallas yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

a tank top hugged my curves, ending just above my belly botton. classic short shorts reaching about an inch or so under my tank top. i had noticed a small smile always adorned my face when dallas was even mentioned. scary shit, honestly.

i bounced down the steps, dallas sat on the couch with a cigarette hanging from his lips. it was unlit, matches sat in front of him. his focused turned to me, the cancer stick almost fell when his jaw went slack.

my childish grin grew to a smirk, nearing the greaser. "what are we doin' today before the race?"

"well, you can always do me." dallas suggested as i walked into the kitchen.

"it's a possibility, may have time for it." i teased, grabbing a glass of water.

"i'm surprised, you usually turn me down. what changed?" the unlit cigarette still hung from his lips.

"i don't really know, tex. why don't you tell me what changed." dallas approached me, deja vu of the first time i sat on the counter came to mind.

"oh, nothin's changed about me. i still think you're beautiful. i still don't care, if you know what i mean." he smirks, hands moving to my waist.

it'd become a thing, neither or us cared per say. a way of acknowledging both of us attempting to stay cold towards one another. physiologically, a form of us coming closer together.

"i don't care either." my voice was softer than usual as i took the cigarette out of his mouth.

i tossed it to the counter, my hands on either side of dally's face. he smirked as i pulled him down to my lips. the action had become normal, almost loving between us over the time i had been back at tulsa. as much as i tried, dallas winston has gotten completely under my skin.

my body was lifted to wrap around his torso, the front of me pressed closely against his. tension grew, my lips moved down dal's jaw. groans coming from him every once in a while.

heated was an understatement, my shirt was barely on as dallas hovered over me on the couch. i could tell he was still cautious about my back. eagerly, my hands had moved to the button of his pants.

the phone began to ring, both of us cursing at it. i pushed dallas off slightly, a quick peck before i got up to answer the phone.

"hello?" i spoke into the telephone, dallas quickly gravitating towards me.

"hey marty! darry made some cake, come over." two-bit yelled, hanging up without letting me reply.

"looks like we're going to get cake." i grinned at dallas, a groan falling from his lips.

i had never met darry, well i knew of him. the last time i had saw him i was younger, he was a scrawny shaggy haired boy that only cared about his buddies and football. dallas directed me as i drove to the curtis' home.

"marky! c'mon in!" two-bit hollered as dallas and i approached the front door.

"marky, huh, that's a new one." i mumbled, dallas laughing quietly.

the quaint home was kinda cute, you wouldn't have thought a bunch of teenage boys lived in it from the inside.

"so what happened to goin' into town and racing?" the ginger asked.

"oh, tim threw a fit and fucked my back up." i reply nonchalantly, sitting on the couch next to steve.

"wait, seriously? i thought he and you were close." soda frowned, water droplets falling from his hair to his tan shoulders.

"that's what i thought, but he got pissy over dal always being over." i rolled my eyes.

"so that's where ol' dal has been hidin'." a bigger man smirked before turning to look at me.

"wow, last time i saw you you were screaming at soda for pulling your hair on the playground."

"yeah, i'm still holding it against him," i joke. soda had an incredulous look on his face, making me laugh, "last i remember, you were a scrawny and had gross shaggy hair. looks like we both grew up." i smile at darry.

"man, dal. you went local this time, way better than sylvia." darry commented, my eyes widening.

"you date sylvia, as in sylvia rodgers?" i laughed, dallas rolling his eyes.

"she's been kissin' boys since first grade!" steve hollered, not containing his laughter.

"nice seeing you, marty. i gotta take the two grease monkeys to work. hopefully i'll see more of you around here? considerin' the guys talk about how much you've got dally roarin'." his smirk grew.

i rolled my eyes, "yeah, yeah. i was told there was cake and i'm takin' some."

later in the day, dal and i took my racer back to the dx. it's been a hot second since i've drove her, it was second nature by now. once everything checked out, we went back to the house.

unfortunately, tim sat on the front step.

"get out, tim." i spit out, dallas walking past tim and into the house.

"let me apologize, marcine." he stood up, trying to approach me.

i took a step back, "no, tim. it's not that easy, you don't know how my life was in florida! you don't know how the person i thought i loved beat me to the point i wanted to die!" i yell, moving past him to my front door.

"maybe in the future, i can forgive you timmy. right now, i need some time. i'm sorry." i sigh, closing the door behind me.

why did he have to screw me over like that?

dallas sat on the steps to upstairs, an indescribable look on his face. i couldn't tell what he was thinking as he twisted his ring, which reminded me of the story of how he stole it, between his fingers.

"i want you to be my girl, marty." he broke the silence.

my eyes widened slightly, "you don't do relationships."

"i've never had a good or relationship, i've never met a girl like you." dallas didn't look up.

a small smile fell on my lips, he was on a step were i could stand and still toss my arms to lay around his neck. one of my hands gently moved to dal's jaw, making him look up at me.

"you lay one hand on me or cheat, you're out." i spoke quietly.

a grin grew on his face, pulling me into a kiss.

"why would i hurt a girl that's got me roarin'?" he teased.

awawaw.
i love them sm :(
three more chapters
i believe,
then onto dopamine!

we hate tim, yes we do.
now it's time to say,
vroom vroom.

IM SORRY LMAO THAT WAS STUPID