Accepting

Before I get started on this chapter I'd like to Thank plantyboyphilip for helping me come up with the reveal for this story.

You have pulled me out of the depths of writer blocking darkness and for that.....I am in your Dept.

I mean...I'm not gonna give you money or anything I'm broke a s***.

But you have my gratitude 😇

______________________________________

Ladybug and Chat Noir had defeated Volpina with the help of Rena Rouge. The akuma was purified, Lila changed back, and the cure fixed all the damage caused by the attack.

Everything was back to normal. Well.... almost everything.

Marinette hadn't seen Chat since the Volpina attack, reason why?

He knew she was Ladybug.

After all this time Marinette finally got the courage to reveal her identity to Chat Noir. He was most definitely shocked nonetheless, when he tried to form words they only came out as gibberish and Marinette tried her best to keep in her giggle despite feeling nervous as heck.

Chat's next decision should have been simple to him. The moment she revealed her identity to him he'd do the same and then maybe...just maybe...they could finally be together the way he always wanted.

Problem is...he didn't.

He hesitated, something he'd never thought he'd do when it came to Ladybug.

Tikki being the ever so helpful kwami she was, jumped in to tell Marinette that she was ready to go. Marinette had transformed and they went to find Volpina and Rena Rouge.

It had been a week since that fateful moment. Adrien found himself paying more attention to Marinette as the days went by.

He still couldn't believe it, all this time Ladybug had been within arms reach and he had no idea.

He had always saw Marinette as a friend. Even after finding out she had a crush on him he didn't think of her than anymore than a friend, but that was because he was hooked on Ladybug.

But she WAS Ladybug.

He said he'd love her no matter who she was underneath the mask. How can that be true if he's never once had a romantic thought towards Marinette?

Graduation was right around the corner, he and Marinette were going to be heading to college soon. Whatever he decided to do he needed to do it as soon as possible or he'd lose his chance.

Adrien was standing near the front of the school as he waited for his driver to arrive and take him home. Nino had to return home early to do something important so today he was alone.

Hearing her laughter he looked up at the entrance and saw Marinette and Alya exiting the school.

Adrien didn't mean to stare, in his defense he hadn't even realized he been staring until her eyes connected with his and she didn't look away.

She was getting closer, what could he possibly say to her right now.

"H..Hi Marinette, lovely weather we're having this evening huh?"

Marinette blinked upon hearing his greeting and Adrien wished he could smack his head against the nearest wall.

'Lovely weather?' Who the hell says that anymore?!