Making a statement

Slowly, as the weeks passed, I found myself enjoying the company of Summer. She would come to my house once in a while and as promised I would try to teach her spanish. I would call her my friend but im still not sure if i want to open myself up like that. I'll probably end up hurting her. I mean with her little innocent mind I have to be EXTREMELY careful about what I say or do. Even a mere joke can hurt her. And oddly enough, I have guilt when I do hurt her. She calls herself my best friend and sometimes I believe it myself. Right now, she didn't come to school and im here in math class. Im bored. I keep looking at the door hoping she will walk through the door because fine, I admit it, she is a great person to be with. She can make you laugh, smile, and believe anything she says. For some reason she doesnt have more friends than just me. Even the teachers love her! I decide to text her.

"hey, how come you're not in school?"

"I feel sick. I cant leave the house. :( -S"

"well okay. feel better."

I lock my phone and put it away before I get caught. I know that half the students in here are using their phones but I don't want to be known as bad. Actually I just dont want to be known at all but of course that changed in a few weeks and im known as that person thats always with the super preppy girl. I surprisingly dont care and just don't mind them when they talk. Not that there is anyting bad to say about me.

The ring of the bell pulls me out of my thoughts and the teacher dismisses us. Next I have art but I head to the bathroom.

"Ugh! she is soooo annoying. Like she totally tried to talk to me last time and I was like hell no summer get your annoying self out of here. I mean I was CONSIDERING letting her talk to me but then I remember she had poor judgement in friends. Or should I say in one friend. Thats all she has."

"exactly, that friend of hers, whats her name? Ver.....? well whatever. She totally sucks I mean not even her hair is nice. Its all limp and her style is horrible. Who matches neon green with red and blue sneakers?"

I walk in and pretend that I wasnt listening but that was a mistake. They start obviously whispering about me and summer more and I lose it. I throw one of them on the floor, im not sure who. The other girls use their fake cat like claws to try to fight me but I just push them away. When im mad, upset, or annoyed, I am a hard person to be around. Its dangerous even. Im sure I left at least one with a black eye but I dont care. Not anymore. Whats the point of blending in? I stand out anyway! Starting today, im making a statement. About what? Im not sure yet, but that will come later.