Happiness? It never lasts

I feel great. I'm not sure why but I woke up and my mood was just pure happiness. I blast the song shake it off by Taylor swift on my room. I waste a bit of my time just dancing around but who cares? I don't put much effort into my appearance anymore. I put on random gray sweatpants and a black t shirt with a black sweater. I also stick to dark colors now. I eat a quick breakfast and head outside. Even though I'm heading for the hell that is highschool, my happiness doesn't fade. This is a day to remember. I can feel it.

Once inside the school, sure I get pushed and teased, but like the old times I don't care. I think people notice that and decide that they need to work harder. My hair is pulled and it hurts but I make a effort to not scream. Luckily the bell rings and people head to class. I have art which is amazing. This just makes my day even better. At class I look through my folder or class projects and homework. All the drawing are sad. My favorites include a girl sitting on the floor in a corner of a giant room alone with the hands around her knees and head down. My art teacher has asked me if I'm alright but I just tell her that they were drawings I've seen online and that I really like them. She believed me. Today we have get to draw anything as usual and instead of getting dark colors as regular I get all the colors of the rainbow. I make a dark stormy place but with a stunning rainbow. It's how I feel right now.

---------------------------------------------

By the middle of the day my mood completely changed. I saw summer with another black eye. I knew what had happened or better said who did it. I purposely passed by her and Valery to see what they talked about. It was mostly just Valery asking her what had happened and summer shutting her down. I smiled because although she made a new friend she still hadn't trust her enough to tell her about her mom. Although I did find out accidentally, I knew and she didn't. I took my chance to talk to Summer when Valery left and asked her what happened this time. She surprisingly opened up to me.

"I don't know. She just went ballistic. She broke this glass cup and cut me."

She lowers her turtle neck and I see the giant scratch from her jaw to the bottom of her neck. I gasped.

"If that wasn't enough she tried to kill me by stabbing me in stomach with that sam knife. She pushed me down and next thing you know I'm waking up and she's not there. And I got this black eye. I'm guessing she punched me while I was knocked out cold."

"Summer I'm so sorry I promise you can always talk to me."

"No I can't you'll just shoot me down."

"When have I ever?"

"I mean they'll shoot me down because of you"

"Oh"

"WHAT IS THAT?"

"What"

She snatched my wrist and looked at the marks on my wrist. Remember when I said I would stop at one? Yeah well I broke that promise. I had one,two, three, four, five cuts.

"Nothing"

"No! No! You can't do this? You know how addicting this gets? I can't-I just-"

Tears roll down her eyes, mostly on the one that isn't puffed up and blue. She look at me one last time and has a look of-is it guilt?- on her face before she shakes her head and runs. She runs. Why would she run away? I decide to not head towards her because ill just make it worse. She cuts to so she can't be mad over that! You know what? she's mad over nothing! I do not feel guilt! why should iI the real question is why did she?

Yup. My day definitely took a 180 degree spin.