Witness

"I'll be fine thanks for walking me home."

She gives me a hug and hurries in. I walk away and it isn't long before I hear a thud. I rush over. The window is open and I can make out a women, clearly in her 40's beating a young girl. Also known as Summer. I see the belt being slapped against her back several times and then I calm down when I see it stops. Only, it wasn't the end. She takes summer by the hair and pulls her up from the floor. One,two,three punches in the stomach. Then one last one in the right eye. I see a little boy come in. I guess that's Cristian. He quickly stops the heartless woman and I think he finally understands that this is all wrong. The punches stop for a while and I see Cristian gently pick up Summer's head. She has blood oozing from her nose. I see her tears out of her left eye. Its to hard to make out anything in her right eye. I also see Cristian mouth the words I'm sorry before he did something that made me lose more hope. He threw her head on the floor, got up, kicked her, and threw water at her. He left and so did Summer's mom. I hate her even more now. I'm also starting to hate that stupid little rugrat son of his mother. I see Summer lie there, motionless. I freeze, it seems almost as if she if lifeless. Then I see her chest rising and falling, she's breathing. She gets up and leaves out of view. I have witnessed what is probably normality for Summer. I know I promised I wouldn't tell but I feel like I have too. What if it gets too late? It would make me a bad friend if I tell. Summer would hate me. Ill just leave it for later.

---------------------------------------------

Spam. Spam. Spam. Spam.

Oh here's something new, hate email.

"Kill yourself but kill the stupid other girl first"

Soooo original. you know what? I'm really impressed. Not.

I send back "aww thanks that's so sweet and if you didn't know, I don't care. now you got the memo so fu** off "

I get hate mail a lot. Its lessened for me because I respond with things like that but I've noticed it has grown for summer. Once she left her email open and about everything in her inbox was hate. unopened ones. in the deleted section I saw about 50 more. I looked in the sent and saw like 100 replies to the hate saying leave me alone. If only she knew that makes them do it more! I haven't seen her email since then but in all my hate mail she is mention. Its not vice versa. It's honestly stupid that they pick on her. She hasn't done anything wrong. Nothing wrong except hang out with me.