Veronicas story

Big shocker right? Well now you know. I was once like those girls who dressed up to catch guys attention. Put others down when I needed a boost up. Made sure my makeup was perfect every like 5 seconds. I was a b****. It started in the last year of middle school, 8th grade. I made friends with the "it" girl. She made me believe that all those things listed above were the only way to be cool. Of course I wanted to be cool. I was basically like a little puppet. One day a new boy came. I liked him, but so did Lillian. (The "it" girl) Lillian warned me to keep away. He was all hers. So naturally I did what she taught me. I slapped her. I became my own popular girl. I had my own followers and I found it amusing when Lillian went about 10 spaces down in the popularly ladder. She moved schools so I was happy that I had John to myself. One day he asked me out. He told me that I was beautiful and that he loved the clothes I wore. Of course, those clothes were overly revealing. I saw him kissing another girl one day and I was frustrated but he told me that it was a mistake so I forgave him. Again, I caught him with yet another girl. I thought I had to be the winner of his "love". I was desperate. Soon, he was taking me to his house. You can only imagine what I expected would be the events. Instead I ended up in an alley. Lillian was there. She joined in on the assault. I was left with a black eye and a last vision of Lillian and John walking hand in hand. It was then that I realized I felt sorry for her. She was so desperate it was sad. She cared to much about herself. As much as Iwas disgusted by her, I knew that John would only cheat on her and no one ever deserved that. She didnt realize that she was just letting herself be used.Then I realized I was just another version of her. I vowed to change and so when I went back to school I was a new person. I'm the Veronica you know as now. I was determined to not stand out and not be overly popular or overly dorky. Just plain ol me. I also developed a hatred for people like Lillian, also the worse version of myself. This hatred was developed because when I went down in the popularity ladder (way more than just 10 spaces), I was bullied. Of course, it didnt bother me but I wondered if i was not as emotianally strong it would have been horrible. I wondered why they do that, why i used to do that. It was actually funny because they said things that not even I knew I did! For a long time, I forgot about it but the fury was awaken again by the comments of those girls in the bathroom. Why should i change just to follow the "fashion"? Hell, if i want to wear neon green and blue and red and yellow and whatever other friggin colors they said then I can! You know the rest of the story. 

Oh! I forgot one thing! Remember Alyssa? She has been getting on my nerves more. I cant even go to a party without her comments. It wasnt even a party it was this band called wallflower performing and some other bands. They arent even that good but everyone loves them. I guess its just not my style of music, they're wannabees. But enough about them. This isnt about them. This is about people LIKE them, people like me, people like summer, and trying to make a difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note- You might be wondering about this whole Alyssa thing well shes from a story called Our Little Infinity. You should check it out. My friend ChristinaSalvatore wrote it. Sorry for the little shoutout but seriously, its really good so far. PLUS VERONICA IS IT (of course its really quick like how I add alyssa very quickly but still) Also, one last thing. Please vote and comment and share and other stuff. THANK YOU so much for reading. :)

http://wattpad.com/ChristinaSalvatore