Week one: Friday

They couldn't be any more stupider. Haha yes I know stupider isnt a word but it feels like its the right time to use it. Summer and I were looking for the video today in the morning and we even made it a contest. (We agreed to look for it now instead of last night since she stayed over) Whoever finds the video first wins. It didnt take long. Actually it only took 1 minute. Trust me, I was timing so I know. They sent me an email telling me they posted it on YouTube. I clicked the link and VOILA! I found the video of me. Being hit, being slapped, kicked, insulted. They cut out all the things I said except for one. Im left breathless and I look weak when I say "I'll have you know" then im cut off by the punch that left me unconscious's for about an hour. I see what happened after. I see that they laugh and take pictures, there is no concern what so ever. Then they run. Max turns around and I see the freshman leave something behind before running back. She explains that she was just trying to get a better look at the great masterpiece. The video ends with words saying

Veronica Ross, strong? We think not! She says you can be strong but look who's strong now. The little bit** is unconscious. But you know what? We're tired of her. The real weakling is her friend. Or, why not both? Yeah that's right, you are a target by association Summer. 

The video is on private. No body can see it unless provided a link or if you have Max as a friend. I dont even have a YouTube account so im glad they sent me the link. I found it first however this isnt the mood for a contest. Summer is a target. Not because she deserves it, but because of me. As much as I know this will hurt me and her alike, I cant hang out with her anymore. She will hate me because of this but I have to. Before i jump to decisions I will show the video to the principle and see if they can be expelled. If not I can see if these people are taking the Summer thing seriously. I look at Summer and see tears in her eyes. 

"How can they do that to you! How could they plan to continue and add me into it!"

"I swear that I will try to make it end before it starts"

"You know what? Let them! I can be strong like you, too. Im NOT a weakling."

*At the school*

I left summer to go to class. She wouldn't dare miss a lesson, even if it was to go to the principal. With the evidence I have, I know that something has to be done. Expulsion is the LEAST they can do. They walk there seems short due to all the thinking. Once there, I see the Freshman girl. She talks to the principal and walks out. She sees me and says "I hope you forgive me. If the note wasn't enough, I truly am sorry." She walks away without another word and I realize that the reason she stayed back was to leave a note. She looked sincere when she apologized, a look that I know realize wasn't there when she told me the story or when she insulted me. She wasn't sincere both times but she is now. I trust that. I decide to leave her out of the punishment. I knock on the door and the principle calls me in. 

"Oh Ms. Ross how nice to see you. You look MUCH better. You must be here to show me proof?"

"Yes. Actually, the proof is online and if you wouldn't mind I would like to log into my email. They sent me the link. The only problem is that I think the school blocks YouTube. That's where it is"

"You are partly right. We block YouTube but from the students. I have full access to any website."

He hands me his laptop and I log in. I show him the video and by the time it is done I am sure that they will be expelled. I saw the looks of shock and of pity and of anger on his face while the video was playing. I especially took note of the look of disgust when he realized the students were planning to target summer as well. 

"You saw the freshman girl leaving something behind? She told me it was a note. I want you to please leave the punishment out for her."

"No. They will all be punished. If you insist, she will be punished less but punished nonetheless. Sorry but the most I can do is 2 months expulsion for Karen and Gordon, 1 month for Max, and 1 week for Hannah."

I realize that Hannah is the freshman's name. I only nod. If I would've known that all that came out from this is suspension, I would've never told. Once they come back they will all be more furious. I know now that I have to leave summer alone. Maybe not until for months but it will be done. Hannah shouldn't be a problem and neither should Max. I cant think about this any longer so I close the thoughts for the rest of the day.

                                                                                ~~~~~~~~

Summer isn't happy a bit. She knows whats comign after the 4 months. She may not be a total weakling but she isn't strong either. I told her this, not to hurt her, but to let her know that im not expecting her to be part of this fight. She took that as an insult and I havent seem her since. She went home. Thats not a safe haven at all and I can only hope that her mom is extremely tired. Summer says Cristian isnt a problem unless her mom makes him be. He doesnt find it as fun without the praise he earns when he mistreats Summer. Summer has gotten hurt by Cristian so much in 1 day that she even hates him as much as she hates her mother. Now i know that sounds bad but not for the reasons you think. Its bad because the hate isnt much. She doesnt hate her mother she dislikes her. She doesnt hate Cristian, she dislikes him. Sometimes I find that good but then I realize that it means there is still a little bit of love left for them both. This love is enough to drive her to stay. I really think that she could leave if she wanted to. She could charm anyone enough to get a job and earn money. The problem is that she DOESNT want to. She is just letting herself be mistreated more. I still have hope that she will really lave when shes 18. If she stays it will not be good for her. When shes 18 she doesnt have to listen to that "mother" She doesnt have to listen to Cristian. She can be free. She can be happy and sunny. Filled with laughter. Bright. Like Summers are supposed to be.