Chapter 1

Esmee Celestino

Present Day

“He's hot! He's hot!” I looked at Verena, patuloy siya sa pagsigaw habang nakaturo sa lalaking nasa magazine. “Look, Esmee, he's really fucking hot! Look at those abs, those biceps, he's yummy! Look at his face, he's so handsome!”

“Who's that?” I raised my one eyebrow, I don't care about his abs and biceps and his face, aanhin ko ang katawan kung patapon sa ugali, 'di ba?

“You, what? You didn't even know him?”

“Itatanong ko ba sa'yo kung sino 'yan kung kilala ko siya? Duh.” I grabbed my tea and took a sip on it. I smiled when I saw my dog running towards me.

“Hi, baby.” I held Sabina in my arms and kissed her forehead.  My dog is very cute right now, she's wearing a ribbon tie on her neck and a cute cheerleader clothes. Girly na girly.

“Listen up, Esmee. He's Russel! Russel!”

“Sino 'yon?” Russel? Sounds familiar...

“Rayos Del Sol!”

“'Di ko kilala.”

She just sighed and crossed her arms in her chest. Nasa garden kami ngayon and pupuntahan ko si Papa mamayang 10:00 a.m sa company namin. I am here to eat my breakfast, alone. Well that's my plan, but Verena came to the picture and now, my surrounding became loudly instead of wonderful.

“You really don't remember him?”

“No.”

“He's the son of James Rayos Del Sol, one of their heirs. The Russel you talked about before, na brat, ba 'yon? Basta 'yon!”

Brat?

“'Di ko talaga maalala.”

She just rolled her eyes at me. “Hay nako talaga. Anyway, I'm going to the Casa Villa and stayed there for three days, wanna go there too? With me?”

“Nah, I'm busy tomorrow, my Papa told me last week that one of these days, I'm going to take over the company na.” Our company is associated with Van der Meer, Verena's family, Fujimoto and MacAlastair. We somehow owned a some beauty products including CareSkin, 2ne1Glow and Beauty Screen. So, having a big company isn't really easy.

“Eh, really!?” she gasped. “Congratulations!” and she immediately hugged me.

I smiled while hugging her too, with my dog in my chest. Verena is the only woman that I really trust and my best friend. We met when I was six— turning to seven years old and we clicked and became best friends. But not like me, she goes to party, dates, and live her life for the fullest. While me, still hanging to this house, books and my dog. I'm an introvert. But since I'm 29 years old, I begun to do some bucket list in my life. I just want to have some changes in my life.

That's all.

They say, you only live once. So, yeah, I'm going to hope that my dreams will happen sooner or later.

Well, except being married and have a family. I still don't believe in fairy tales and it sucks for me. I just don't want to get married pa, I'm still young, I do believe in it.