Chapter 5

Esmee Celestino

Until he took me home, I didn't even bother to ask him anything. And like what I've said earlier, if he can't answer my questions then we're going to divorce right away. And don't test me, tinototoo ko ang sinasabi ko.

“Esmee...” he called my name in a sweet tone. I manage to ignore him until I get out of the car.

“Wait, Esmee.” bababa sana siya sa kotse ko nang tignan ko siya ng masama.

“Dont.” pinigilan ko siya makababa ng kotse ko. “And you know what, Rayos Del Sol? I hate a man that is full of secrets. If you can't tell me the truth then we better divorce right now. I'm serious.” I removed the ring on my finger and threw it in his face. “I like the ring but I hate you, so, fuck off.” I slammed the door and immediately entered our gate.

“Wait, Esmee!” he chased me but I told the guard and Yaya Maring not to let him enter our house, our territory.

“Fuck off, Rayos Del Sol!” and I gave her a ‘fuck you’ finger. Maghanap siya ng babae ngayon na kaya niyang utoin. “We're done.”

“Esmee!”

I ignored him and entered the house, I saw Nikolai from the stairs, so confused on what's happening right now.

“I think I heard Russel's voice, is he there? You guys went on a date?”

“No. Tell Mama and Papa not to let him enter our house, okay? I'm tired of this shit.” since bad mood ako, 'di na siya nagtanong pa sa'kin. Sinundan niya lang ako ng tingin hanggang sa makapunta ako sa kwarto ko.

A lot of things happened tonight. Kung 'di niya nailigaw ang mga taong humahabol sa'min, paniguradong nasa balita na kami ngayon. Humiga ako sa kama nang padapa at pumikit. Fuck him, that Rayos Del Sol. Simple lang naman ang nais ko, ang sabihin niya sa'kin ang totoo, eh. And now we're done, we're over, I don't want to see him anymore.

I know he's gentle then turned into a cold and bastard but deep inside... I know he is a good man. Okay na sana, balak ko na sana siyang kilalanin pa, eh. Kaso ayaw ko sa lalaki ang masikreto. If he can't opened up with me, then he better to stay away from me.

I woke up getting thirsty. I stood up and looked at the clock, 2:45 a.m na and it's now Thursday. Nagtungo ako sa balcony ng aking kwarto para tignan kung nasa labas ng bahay si Rayos Del Sol. Nakahinga ako nang maluwag ng makita na wala na siya ro'n.

I also have no intention of looking at my cellphone, I know he will text me or call me but I don't care.

Isa na lang siyang tuldok sa paningin ko.

I left the room and went straight to the kitchen to drink water. The light of the moon became my light in the kitchen. I felt something smooth at my feet and there, I saw Sabina. After I drank the water, I put the jug back in the fridge and picked up my dog.

“Let's go to my room, Sabina.” I talked to my dog while petting her head. “A lot of things happened yesterday, you know? Nakakastress. Do you want to go to the park mamaya, huh, baby?” when I say the word ‘park’, her tiny tail became naughty. “Let's go to the park mamaya, okay? For now, let's sleep again.”

Me and my dog went to my bed and sleep again. When I woke up, the sunlight was coming through the window and it was about to hit me in the face. It's definitely noon now, like 10:00 o'clock in the morning.

Sabina still sleeping at my bed and iniwan ko na siya ro'n, 'di ko sinarado ng ayos ang pinto para pag gising niya makalabas siya ng silid.

I went downstairs and saw Mama and Papa talking at the corner, while Nikolai silently watching them from a distance. I stood beside him and whispered. “Anong pinag-uusapan nila?”