Chapter 3

Esmee Celestino

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breathe, I am now here at the ladies restroom. I still can't believe that I met him again, how stupid of me for not remembering him. He's no longer a brat, I admit it. He's now a bastard. He thinks of himself so highly that it pissed me off.

What's so fun to marry a woman like me? That bastard. Nanggigigil ako ngayon.

Being a 29 years old woman, I just want to have a happy life. Where I can travel with my friends, family, and my dog, Sabina. Where I can read books without interrupting me. Where I can enjoy foods that I cook and order. Where I can dress nicely and proper. Where I can do things that I want in life. That's my dreams.

But now?

Imposible na 'yong mangyari. I'm now married to a bastard.

I looked at the ring on my finger, it's so beautiful. Atleast that bastard have a taste.

Me, being a NBSB, is now married on papers with that bastard, Russel Rayos Del Sol. If I tell this to Verena, she will freak out. Who wouldn't? In just one snap, I am married to a man that I called brat in the past. Funny, isn't it? Fate is really funny. Damn it.

“Guess this is my karma now.” oh, karma is a bitch.

I walked out from the restroom and went to my father's office again, sana wala na ro'n ang lalaking 'yon. Sa kainisang naramdaman ko kanina, nag walk out ako.

I opened the door and saw my Mama hugging my Papa and she whispered something to him. I smiled while looking at them, I can feel the love and I want that someday. But me, being married today, it's impossible for me to make it happen. That bastard, I really hate him. Imagining doing some things for him and loving him makes me want to puke.

I cleared my throat to have their attention. When they both looked at me, Mama pulled away to Papa and rushed towards me. She hugged me so tight and I can feel her hands trembling at my back. I hugged her too and kissed her at the cheek.

“Don't worry about me, Mama. I'm an adult na. And I'm sorry if a signed those marriage contract and wore these ring.” sobrang bigat sa pakiramdam. “I will divorce him right away.”

“If things don't work out.” she mumbled and pulled away. Papa stood and went beside her.

“Of course, things will not work out. That bastard is really a brat. He put a gun on my head and make me signed those stupid papers! It's not funny! He planned to make my life miserable, I can feel it, Papa and Mama.” I heaved a sigh, controlling my emotions right now 'cause any moment, I will cry in front of them. This is too much to handle.

Papa hugged me and gave me a light pat at my back. “We talked to him, we say that we want a real wedding. If he's not giving it to you, 'cause you deserve it, princess... then divorce him. I will hire a lawyer to help you. If things went messed up with him, divorce him. If you don't feel anything for him, divorce him. We will wait for one to three months, okay? Just listen to Papa, princess. Everything is going to be okay.” he kissed me at my forehead and smiled at me.

I nod and commented, “Okay. But please, don't tell this to Nikolai. I will tell him soon or later, but for now, keep this a secret. I will hide this ring when we're on the mansion...” Pero mas gusto kong itapon na lang 'tong singsing kaso bagay sa daliri ko pero galing naman 'to sa bastardo. Hay nako, sakit sa ulo.

One day had passed since then, and I'm now struggling at my surname. Celestino pa rin ba ang gagamitin ko sa pagpirma ng mga papel o Rayos Del Sol na?

I took a sip of my coffee and looked at Sabina, na natutulog ngayon sa ilalim ng mesa. I already gave Verena a text message saying that I'm married na but still no reply from her, maybe she thought it's a prank. Bahala siya.