My Only Hope- Chapter 10

Enjoy (and vote) :)

.......................................................................................

          I had a strange dream that night.

          I woke up on a normal day in the house I normally live in, but this time, it was like I was watching myself through a television screen.

          MeII, as I decided to call the one I was watching, looked out the window to see the bluebirds chirp. Realizing it was a school day, she got up and brushed her hair looking into the mirror, her, or my, green eyes reflecting back.

          I realized this was like a playback of the day of the championships. I continued to watch as MeII went through with her daily life, but when she began to talk with Rebecca in the lunchroom, Derek and Sally ran in, panicked look on their faces.

          Behind them were at least one hundred men in black suits like the ones who captured me, but they didn’t wear sunglasses like the one who captured me wore. They had guns and began to shoot.

          I saw many people fall to the ground, dying. Derek and Sally were among them. MeII ran to them.

          I tried to warn her, but it was too late. Rebecca, now in a black suit like the others, knocked MeII out with the butt of her gun.

          The back of my head hurt, like I had been the one who had been hit. The television screen I had been watching it through went fuzzy, but before it shut off completely, I noticed something.

           Their leader, the only one wearing a white suit, was the boy from my vision.

          I awoke screaming, again. This time, I realized Sally was still asleep, so I calmed myself almost immediately. It was twice now that the boy had appeared in my dreams. Both of them had left me screaming, they were so horrible. They had to mean something; I just didn’t know it yet.

          Right now was not the time to think, though. I had to take a shower, still. I nudged Sally and she sat up instantly. It made me sad thinking of how many years of living on the streets made her that alert. I wondered if I would ever get that way.

          We both took showers, and sat there when we heard a knock on the door.

          I looked through the hole in the door, just to be on the safe side. You can never be too careful when on the run.

          Fortunately, it was Derek so we let him in.

           “Today, we are getting a new set of clothes,” Derek said.

          The reason I had a set of clothes right now, was because they had one in the first place. It was really awkward because we had to walk into a fast food restaurant with bathroom so I could change. I got several looks when I walk clad in a hospital gown. I hid behind Derek and Sally the whole time.

          I could use another set of clothes, though. My clothing was torn and messy, like that of Derek and Sally. Clothes weren’t a bad idea.

          “I’m okay with it. What about you Sally?” I asked, remembering last night.

          “Sure!” Sally said, smiling, which was uncommon for her.

          Derek gave each of us a curious glance, not knowing about last night’s talk.

          We all walked out, hand in hand, with Sally in the middle, out of the lobby.

          Carly was not at the front desk, and for the first time since the soccer incident, I thought everything was going to be alright.